Turbo time for my b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

edit: Just getting rid of the sarcasm. I'm feeling frustrated so I'll choose not to say anything. (what I had here was not needed).

300-ish is about the limit of a good-tune safety on stock sleeves.
some folks hit 400 no problem.
some folks blow up

Well I have accepted the fact that my first build probably wont go as planned, but I would like to try and stay away from blowing up my block. If I can't my power goal on low psi I would like the option to turn it up, so sounds like sleeves.

you don't need to consider sleeves untill you are over 400hp (assuming you have a good tune). jeff @ IB has had good results i agree, he is not GOD of engine building though. with some CP pistons and eagle rods, you can have all the power you will need. camp1320.com can hook up for like 795 shipped for that combination.

I think that my setup is on the edge. It could go with sleeves or no sleeves. Since I am one who like to be able to upgrade in the future, my best bet is to build up a bottom end.

i'm a firm beleiver in do it all while its out of the car if you can.
otherwise, you're going to have to do a whole swap almost just to get your block sleeved later.

How well would my b18b run if I built the engine up for a turbo setup, but had to wait on the turbo. Would the car run alright on 8.5:1 compression?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2004, 12:05 PM
the itr is the wrong shape. the del sol is the only one that works in a civic

The aluminum ITR AC bracket is the right shape.

You have to tap 5 holes and drill and tap one more to make it work and grind a little bit away.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=349185

I have it mounted to my block with the AC compressor on it but with no belt on it yet. I havent had time to put the condensor back in the car yet so I havent put the belt on it. The aluminum is really soft and there is a question in my mind if the bolts will hold after I put pressure on them from the belt. I will find out eventually.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jun 8 2004, 07:26 PM
How well would my b18b run if I built the engine up for a turbo setup, but had to wait on the turbo. Would the car run alright on 8.5:1 compression?

why you'd go that low even for a turbo setup is beyond me.

9:1 at the lowest.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jun 8 2004, 06:26 PM

8.5:1 is a little bit too low in my opinion.

higher final compression. low static compressin lets you run higher boost; but higher boost= more heat and lag. a higher static cr piston(like 9.*) will let you run low boost and make almost the same power; if not the same. the only problem with that is when you want to run high boost on the higher cr piston is it will detonate more easily; which is when you want lower CR pistons.

Back