U.S. officially has no clue where Bin Laden is

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kinda funny how a lot of serious, valid discussions seem to go to crap once New2TheCarScene gets involved... :shrug2:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Dec 7 2004, 02:12 PM
Kinda funny how a lot of serious, valid discussions seem to go to crap once New2TheCarScene gets involved... :shrug2:
[post=427671]Quoted post[/post]​

Funny isn't it?

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 7 2004, 01:00 PM
What good is a vote if they're not educated or don't understand what they're voting for. I don't care how many kids discuss politics online, they have not a clue what it is like in the political world or the BS that a canidate or president has to go through to get from Point A to Point B. Most of the time, misinformation is just spewed here and there and the kids do exactly as you said...they regurgitate what their parents say to them without fully understanding the totality of it all. Another common place is for kids to live in la-la land like I said and completely disregard how the political system works.

Should the system be better? Of course...
Will the idealistic crap that kids think can get done, get done? Of course not.

I definately would've changed things when it came to this war, but unfortunately most of the time the presidents hands are tied by a lot of other issues before he can just set a plan in motion.

There's a million different forces and pressures on the president at once and so many things behind the scenes that most of us don't even understand. Yet, Mr. Joe Internet Tard can run the president better than anyone else because they know it all.
[post=427663]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't you sound elitest... and you seem to be making some dangerous generalization that everyone on the internet that is anti-Bush is some 18 year old high school dropout... so therefore his views should be dismissed and his right to vote taken away for the good of the country. Perhaps you should define your use of the term "kids" in your position.

As to Bush's war plans or lack thereoff, he was a tard for rushing into the war with Iraq ahead of the UN, and what the fuck was the rush for? Bin Laden wasn't there. He was supposedly in Afghanistan. And Saddam didn't have his finger hovering over some WOM red start button. We should have just concentrated our attentions on hunting down Bin Laden, the mastermind behind the 9-11 attacks. But no, GW just wanted to finish something that he daddy wasn't able to. And his problem, which is now our very expensive problem, is that he has no clue as to how to withraw from Iraq. It's Vietnam all over again.

I doubt that there are actually a MILLION different forces and pressures weighing down on GW. He seem to have an attitude of dealing with as much as he feels like in a day. And then he turns to his god in his prayers. How comforting for you Christians out there, because it's not comforting to the rest of us. And he is famous for keeping bankers hours in the White House. He doesn't believe in working late nights or on the weekends. I've watched the West Wing on tv, and whatever other Tom Clancy movies with a US president in them. Yeah, it's only Hollywood, but it's got some glimmer of the truth in those portrayals.... well I can only wish that our White House was running half as intelligently as the one in the West Wing show.

In the last few weeks, it has been quite interesting with so much of Bush's cabinet resigning on him. And I really rather liked Colin Powell...

All my life, one of my favorite bumper stickers has been "question authority". I was not raised to be a sheep. I am a homo sapien and I like to use the brain the I was born with. It will be people that question authority and the status quo that will keep America moving forward in a positive way. It's people with a conscience and an open mind that will develop and introduce new green technologies to our poor tired small planet.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Dec 7 2004, 01:12 PM
[post=427671]Quoted post[/post]​

I've noticed that as well.

why... am i not surprised... the US has morons as it's leaders... not that anyone else in the election would have helped much... but...

this isn't news... we didn't know where he was before, and now he knows we don't know where he is. good job.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 7 2004, 12:46 PM
Its called political red tape. I won't even read any further.

Think before typing. :ph34r:

Think again, my blind Republican. It's called Bush Family red tape.

Years ago, there were talks of a deal between Afghanistan (i.e. the Taliban) and US companies to build a natural gas pipeline through Afghanistan. The company specifically geared towards this was a company called Unocal. You know them by the "76" logo. Uno stood to make billions upon billions with that pipeline.

The company who was to get the contract for this pipeline? Halliburton.

The deal didn't go through.

Now... Afghanistan. Taliban. The guys harboring Bin Laden. The guy who had attacked our embassies and the Cole. Why would we be dealing with them knowing this?

Along comes 9-11.

Guess who had Bin Laden? You guessed it, the guys over in Afghanistan! After ripping the Taliban government out of power, we appoint our own people there to manage the new government.

Who are these people? Former Unocal executives. Guess what the FIRST thing they did was? Ding ding ding!!!! Signed the contract to build that pipeline!

And guess who STILL got the contract. Ding ding ding again!!! Our friends at Halliburton.

Bin Laden? Oh, he got away. Who cares, we got our multibillion dollar pipeline.

this thread is dumb
but think about this If bin laden shaved his beard off and cut his hair i bet 99% of people could not tell it was him he could probably walk threw a us border undected

I was just gonna say... is the only time he posts here while he's beatin' it, or...?

And about the refund check, I dont give a shit if it wasnt a life changing experience, my point was it was MORE than the tax relief that Clinton gave which was nothing except raising taxes. So bitch some more. Just understand that the government will never be willing to hand out 'oodles' of free money, they're more ept to take it from you.

note to unnamed retards...

this "refund check" was nothing more than a thinly disguised loan from uncle sam to the american taxpayer...
the refund check is actually a standard tax credit that you would normally claim on your taxes that you file by april 15th...

and guess what, if you recieved your holy "tax refund" check, then you weren't able to claim that credit, but instead just claim that yes, you already recieved the money...

so lets here how great bush is for giving us OUR OWN FUCKING MONEY...

and this brings to mind your arguement that people on this forum only spout what the media tells them... well this, my friend, seems to be a perfect example of hypocracy...

Think again, my blind Republican. It's called Bush Family red tape.

Years ago, there were talks of a deal between Afghanistan (i.e. the Taliban) and US companies to build a natural gas pipeline through Afghanistan. The company specifically geared towards this was a company called Unocal. You know them by the "76" logo. Uno stood to make billions upon billions with that pipeline.

The company who was to get the contract for this pipeline? Halliburton.

The deal didn't go through.

Now... Afghanistan. Taliban. The guys harboring Bin Laden. The guy who had attacked our embassies and the Cole. Why would we be dealing with them knowing this?

Along comes 9-11.

Guess who had Bin Laden? You guessed it, the guys over in Afghanistan! After ripping the Taliban government out of power, we appoint our own people there to manage the new government.

Who are these people? Former Unocal executives. Guess what the FIRST thing they did was? Ding ding ding!!!! Signed the contract to build that pipeline!

And guess who STILL got the contract. Ding ding ding again!!! Our friends at Halliburton.

Bin Laden? Oh, he got away. Who cares, we got our multibillion dollar pipeline.
[post=427753]Quoted post[/post]​

For not ever watching F 9/11, you can quote it pretty fucking well.

A lot of BS is all I see. Speculation, mere fucking speculation. Its cool to be able to say something because on the surface it appears to be true rather than using some inductive reasoning and figuring things out first before drawing a conclusion.

note to unnamed retards...

this "refund check" was nothing more than a thinly disguised loan from uncle sam to the american taxpayer...
the refund check is actually a standard tax credit that you would normally claim on your taxes that you file by april 15th...

and guess what, if you recieved your holy "tax refund" check, then you weren't able to claim that credit, but instead just claim that yes, you already recieved the money...

so lets here how great bush is for giving us OUR OWN FUCKING MONEY...

and this brings to mind your arguement that people on this forum only spout what the media tells them... well this, my friend, seems to be a perfect example of hypocracy...
[post=427852]Quoted post[/post]​

Two people just don't seem to get it.

What don't you understand, tax break/remaining even > tax raise.

In the end, the taxes are lower than they were before when Clinton was in office.

Whats so hard to comprehend here. And taxes always are getting our 'own' money so whats to bitch about there?

Note that to yourself. ;)

...and I'm sorry that things go to crap when I post on a political debate because its absolutely disgusting to hear some people draw conclusions without first taking in consideration the evidence. Before you draw a conclusion, look at the evidence and try to be unbias while doing so.

I would just like to point out that those refund checks to the majority of the people were not too exciting and not only that, it cost the government a good chunk of change to process and mail those checks out. A good idea on the drawing board perhaps, but in reality, a waste of our money... again.

This will be directed to New2TheCarScene and I quote:

arguing.jpg

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 7 2004, 11:57 PM
For not ever watching F 9/11, you can quote it pretty fucking well.

A lot of BS is all I see. Speculation, mere fucking speculation. Its cool to be able to say something because on the surface it appears to be true rather than using some inductive reasoning and figuring things out first before drawing a conclusion.
[post=428188]Quoted post[/post]​

That's all I expect you to see. You refuse to see anything else.

Can you prove me wrong?

Finding out how far back this palm greasing goes back and untangling the net of oil barons takes a bit of inductive reasoning, don'tcha think?

But I guess this is just fine. The rich get richer and get their tax cuts on top of it.

you completely missed my point here...

And taxes always are getting our 'own' money so whats to bitch about there?

this "refund" was not a handout from the gov't, it was simply allowing the people to get a loan for the credit they would normally recieve the NEXT year, and then it had to be paid back, or the credit could not be claimed...

and now i'd like you to take a look at the percentage decrease in total taxes paid by lets say the 30K income tax bracket as compared to the 100K+ tax bracket...

i;m sure you will be suprised to find that the higher income tax brackets actually got more of a percentage tax cut than the people that don;t have lots of extra income...

Back