Want someone to punch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never advocated firing "into a crowd" you're putting words in my mouth. Use the quote feature if you wish to argue something that I actually said.

Yes, besides being raised around firearms, I have been in a situation where me, my brother and a friend were assaulted by a local gang of "Afican-Americans" (roughly 10-15 of them) several of whom were armed and pointing guns at us, my friend stepped forward in an effort to diffuse the situation, and they broke his jaw. My brother got punched out pretty good, but managed to escape with only lumps and bruises. I was punched in the face/head a few times, but they got tired of that and two of them threw me to the ground where my head struck a large rock and I was knocked unconscious (I still have the scar at the top of my forehead and a loose chunk of skull under my skin if you ever want to see it). I think after I was knocked out and bleeding all over, they thought I might be dead, so they left in a hurry.

Long story short, to answer your question yes, I have had guns pointed in my face.

so you honostly think that if you had a gun when that happened it wouldnt have ended like that? well, your right. it would have been a whole different senerio. because as soon as you pulled out your 1,2 or 3 little guns, those 5+ "african americans" would have just shot you. you would have been killed. yeah you may have gotten one or two of them but unless your a modern day John Wayne, your not going to be fast enough with that pistol, and i dont remember many stories about alaskan cowboys.

and your not advocating shooting in a crowd?
act like you were there for a second. at the 4th of july show.
you see the guys hand blow off. (so that would mean your in the midst of a crowd)
you pull your gun. you shoot. congradulations, because your in the middle of a crowd, no matter which way you shoot, your shooting into a crowd. therefore it seems like your all for "shoot first, ask questions later." no matter the consequences.

The Celerity Labs for Independent Thought (c) have declared this thread closed for lack of intelligence.

No liability or responsibility is assumed or declared for further involvement in an area declared devoid of intelligence. Please hit your Back button and abstain from further attempts to read or join this topic.

Thank you,

Steven Earl
Celerity Labs

There are fireworks that sometimes look like an m60 (but larger) called blockbusters. Those are illegal as hell, and could easily blow your hand clean off.. Could have been one of those.

Indeed.

Blockbusters are the step up from M80's.

A m60 doesn't have much juice. It was either something bigger than a m60, which if it was the size of a m80 or greater, than the teens throwing the fireworks should have known that actual damage would occur or it was actually a m60 and a freak accident.

The Celerity Labs for Independent Thought (c) have declared this thread closed for lack of intelligence.

No liability or responsibility is assumed or declared for further involvement in an area declared devoid of intelligence. Please hit your Back button and abstain from further attempts to read or join this topic.

Thank you,

Steven Earl
Celerity Labs

+1

You guys are right, it's best if no one does anything to prevent crime. It's best if no one takes any personal risk to benefit others. It's best that this guy destroyed an innocent girls life, and got away scott free to enjoy the rest of his own life with 2 hands. It's best if we all cower in our homes and wait for the government to protect us.
I'm done arguing when all you do is put words in my mouth to argue your points. Then act like you know what life in my state is like, even after I've shown you that we are #2 in the nation for firearm deaths per capita. Do you know what per capita means? Let me break it down:
In Alaska, out of every 100,000 people, 20 will die from firearms
In California, out of every 100,000 people, 9.8 will die from firearms (less than half, if the math is too confusing)
In New Jersey, out of every 100,00 people, 4.9 will die from firearms (less than one quarter, math whiz)

I give up, you obviously know more about me and my state than I do myself. We don't have guns because we all use harpoons to hunt whales. Gang violence up here means getting trampled by a herd of caribou. We can't use fireworks or explosives because it's too cold for fire to exist. If ignorance is bliss you must be very happy.

Thank you,

Steven Earl
Celerity Labs

Here we see that the official notification for abandonment, as laid out by the CLIT shows us that:

6% of Steve's vocabulary is the word "declared". This is on par with the word "for" which also occupies 6% of his vocabulary.

Steve uses the word "Celerity", or himself in the third person, as often as he uses the word "of". On a national scale, that makes every 6 to 7 words spoken; "Celerity". approximately 65% of whatever Celerity says is "of""for""Celerity" and "Declared"

Including this post, Celerity has spoken of himself in the third person approximately 33% of the time. With these FACTS you can translate his post as:

of Celerity Labs for of declarations (c) for declared of of of Celerity declared.

or for is or declared for further of declared of Celerity. Declare of for of Celerity for abstain from further of for of of for declare for.

And there you have it. The facts speak for themselves.

+1

You guys are right, it's best if no one does anything to prevent crime. It's best if no one takes any personal risk to benefit others. It's best that this guy destroyed an innocent girls life, and got away scott free to enjoy the rest of his own life with 2 hands. It's best if we all cower in our homes and wait for the government to protect us.
I'm done arguing when all you do is put words in my mouth to argue your points. Then act like you know what life in my state is like, even after I've shown you that we are #2 in the nation for firearm deaths per capita. Do you know what per capita means? Let me break it down:
In Alaska, out of every 100,000 people, 20 will die from firearms
In California, out of every 100,000 people, 9.8 will die from firearms (less than half, if the math is too confusing)
In New Jersey, out of every 100,00 people, 4.9 will die from firearms (less than one quarter, math whiz)

I give up, you obviously know more about me and my state than I do myself. We don't have guns because we all use harpoons to hunt whales. Gang violence up here means getting trampled by a herd of caribou. We can't use fireworks or explosives because it's too cold for fire to exist. If ignorance is bliss you must be very happy.

Cliff, here's the thing - you can make statistics speak for you anyway you'd like, if you know how to manipulate the data you're using and the means of conveying that data.

California may have more deaths "per capita" but that takes into account Beverly Hills and the ghettos of Sacramento or Los Angelos. Now if you were to break the statistics down even further, don't you think that a "bad neighborhood" in California might just have a wee bit more deaths from firearms than in Alaska? Its concentrated where a certain group of people live.

Now you broke those statistics down to show New Jersey as having the lowest deaths per capita, yet Camden, NJ has been in the "Top 5 Worst Cities in America" list for years running now. It was the murder capital of the nation a few years ago. Compton is alway up in the Top 10 as well.

See how I can make statistics speak for me any which way I please?

You cannot possibly think that Alaska is as dangerous to live as a bad urban area and if you are, you really haven't lived here before. I've lived out in the hills, in the boondocks without electricity on the side of a mountain out in Montana. I could tell you rural life back in my hometown is far safer than where I am down by Trenton, NJ and Camden, NJ.

With all that said, your argument of you putting someone under citizen's arrest was in the ideal world that you clearly don't believe we live in. If you pulled a gun on an armed citizen, you better believe if they could get their weapon out, they're going to pull the gun on you as well.

I stick to my original argument about Steve's flawed logic and that I would have put 2 between his eyes, if he shot one of my friends and then ask questions later, much in he same manner that he would have shot my friend, in the first place.

You're an intelligent guy, but the arguments you use for a pro gun stance are foolish. A gun would not have helped here. One person, like a police officer who is a 'respected' figure of authority that people will respond to much differently than a plain clothed civilian, with a gun may have helped the situation. Multiple people baring arms, certainly would not be an ideal situation and could turn out to be a shoot out at the canal.

Once again, I'm not against guns, I'm against stupid people using and carrying guns. People like Steve that use a gun as a safety blanket and crutch because although they put on a hard outside but are really afraid that the world is going to hand their ass to them.

I hypothesize if Steve was 6'6, 280lbs and jacked and he hadn't been picked on in his childhood, he probably would view his safety much differently because he would have had the luxury of a different viewpoint. I know that I might feel tough on the mean streets of where ever I'm walking, as I'm walking through South Philadelphia in the wee hours of the morning, I have a different sort of tension than I'm accustomed.

Last edited:
You guys are right, it's best if no one does anything to prevent crime.

counterpoint:

retaliation is not preventing crime. its a 2nd 'crime'.

prevention of this would have been to tackle the guy with the firework before he lit it.

which, doesn't involve guns, or anyone getting hurt or deaded

I'm going to slash your tires

Before you kill someone with excessive M3 speed.

counter-counter point: Criminals don't attempt crime when they know that there are armed citizens nearby. Haven't I told you about the guy who used to work at the local Safeway with a gun on his hip clearly visible. NOBODY EVER tried to rob that place. It wasn't even a consideration. So, prevention can be achieved many ways, I was just stating one effective method.

counter-counter point: Criminals don't attempt crime when they know that there are armed citizens nearby. Haven't I told you about the guy who used to work at the local Safeway with a gun on his hip clearly visible. NOBODY EVER tried to rob that place. It wasn't even a consideration. So, prevention can be achieved many ways, I was just stating one effective method.

Counter-counter-counter point.

They do, they get shot in the back or by the person who doesn't see the gun on their hip, even though its clearly visible to most or by the crackhead thats desperate.

Guns don't stop crime. I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Yeah, there is more of certain types of crime in San Fransisco (where this happened) but we have more Rape, Assault, and Larceny (I believe this incident falls under assault)

BTW your Game Stop comparison made zero correlation to this argument. I don't know where you were going with that one.

Guns don't stop crime. I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Guns don't stop crime. Responsible people with guns stop crime :mellow:

Edit: the chart got fuxed so I just posted the link :)

That WAS the explanation.

You're like a fucking bench racer who's never even driven a car over the speed limit.

So crime rates in my town are comparable because we are new? Or is it because we sell more computers?
Please clarify how Comparing AK to CA is like comparing a new store to an old one, I don't get it.

Here's a brilliant example of the Alaska vs. Cali argument. I'll use GameStop and their infinite wisdom. They rank (read: stats) all stores based on comp's...this year's sales compared to last years. The new stores are always right at the top of the rankings because they have no comps and get very few transactions which makes their numbers artificially high. The older store might be moving 20 times the volume in mech and money, but because of that volume their stats look low.

This one. No sense.

Here's a rewording of the Alaska vs. Cali argument. I'll use your quote and edit the words. They rank (read: stats) all States based on crime...the number of crimes per a certain number of people. The places where lots of crime happens might have a lower rating because their population is higher, making crime less likely to happen to you (statistically). The smaller city might have a fraction of the volume of crime, but because of their lower population, the crime is more likely to happen to you, and their stats look slightly higher.

Edit: see, it's not hard to make coherent comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back