What do you think of these manifolds?

which manifold is the better

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Just wonderin your thoughts on what manifold would be the better of the two. Arent cast ones not suppose to crack, atleast not like tubular ones?

HKS is 295 --cast iron
sfp is 425 -- heat treated mild steel

pics of the hks
2064.jpg

pics of the sfp
turb_man.jpg

if you're running low boost and an internal wastegate, i'd take the hks unit- it's cheaper and it will more than likely last forever- and if you want a tubular manifold don't waste your money- go full-race

Full race manifold is nice, saw it on a car last week that made like 375 @ 12 PSI with a T70 sized turbo or so.

only thing is, you can buy 4 stainless turbo manifolds for the price of that 1. Of course, its not as nice, for SURE, but it works very similar, and puts down good power.

Full Race manifold looks better too, it just looks TOUGH. And I like their downpipes.

I would still get 4 manifolds and hang 3 on the wall and run 1. thats like a life's supply.

Jeff

Actually the ebay manifold I've been using while saving up for the full race manifold has been holding up longer than I expected. no cracking yet and the welds are also holding up. But it will feel good after puting the full race manifold on and not to having to worry about the manifold cracking. .

Back