What do you think of these manifolds?

which manifold is the better

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 30 2004, 12:13 AM
only thing is, you can buy 4 stainless turbo manifolds for the price of that 1. Of course, its not as nice, for SURE, but it works very similar, and puts down good power.

where?

Where what?

He was stating since that manifold cost about 1g you can buy several other manifolds for the price of that one.

Inline Pro is good, Brian, but I think for Sean's application and power goals, a simple log manifold welded up out of schedule 40 pipe would be fine. You've said it yourself- logs are good for anything up to 400 HP... Sean isn't going to be anywhere near that with a stock bottom ended Y8, so it's safe to say he'll be fine with a simple log.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si+May 5 2004, 09:17 PM-->
@May 5 2004, 01:04 PM
Did you have the SS auto shit?

yes.

NotUrAverage_Si,

How long do you have the SSAutoschrome manifold? And have you supported your downpipe? Because I heard that could prevent it from cracking.

Does anyone have experience with a cast AND a tubular manifold? I have a B16 and I want to have some more HP. My car is daily driven and I'm not going for max. power but I'm going for reliability. So I'm also looking at the options between a cast or tubular manifold. I've read that the cast manifold has more lag than a tubular but the cast one is much stronger and won't crack that easily.

i would go with inlinePro or lovefab.

you can get a cast iron inline pro with a lifetime warrente for 400, or a lovefab is about 800 if you want the full race style. and it comes with a lifetime warrentee also.

OBX manifold, has a lifetime warranty on it also, and its $250 at most.

Tons of options in this category, luckilly.

Jeff

Back