Where do you get your car funds?

Where do you get your car funds?

• I have rich parents that pay for some of my shit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I work my ass off and save the money.

• I have a fat trust fund in my name.

• I have an illegal source of inco

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So i see all these people on here talking about bimmers and audis and the like, so i'm wondering how many people are little rich kids getting bank rolled by mommy...

don't be afraid to tell us if this is you, if anyone says anything they are just jealous... i wish my rents would support my habit, lol

So to start off, I work and save for my car money.
Wish I had illegal source of income, but gotta pull the 40 hour work week to make it. Well, tax season is more like 60 to 80 hours a week, but it pays the bills. Hoping for a fat raise/bonus is 2 weeks... :lol:

All my money was going to go into my CRX, but my parents needed it, currently the loan is up to $14,250. When they start paying me back, does that count as having my parents paying for my car? :D

some of us aren't kids either.

When i was 18-19, i had a $100 intake and a $75 muffler and $15 carbon fiber wipers.

I'm a month shy of being 24.
I make more than my mom.
I live with my mom for $200 a month in rent + water bill
only other expenses i have are cell phone 80/month and insurance, 1200/year for both cars

the Audi's and BMW's i'm lookign at are cheaper than a new RSX.. I don't see what the big deal is. New cars are just a waste of money IMO. a 3 year old off-lease is key. its half price, and still pratically brand new.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 2 2004, 10:44 AM
New cars are just a waste of money IMO. a 3 year old off-lease is key. its half price, and still pratically brand new.

Fo Sho

I worked all last summer to buy the shit i gots now, auto to manual swap and an ICEMAN it isnt much, but I only worked 30-35 hrs/week, plus wine and dined my girlfriend

i def agree with you about the off lease cars, new cars drop in value as soon as you drive them off the lot, just doesn't make sense to buy a new car, especially if you're just gonna end up ripping all the brand new stuff out to improve it.

I am already 24 by a few months, but for some reason i still consider myself a kid, and I think anyone thats into this site has to be a kid at heart... adults are too old and grumpy to enjoy the finer things in life like cars...

EDIT: GF's are the fastest way to go dead fucking broke. and i hate iceman intakes, i would prefer a cheapo egay intake to some piece of shit pplastic one :lol:

<<< out of school coming up on 2 full years (May 02), working full time since graduation, moved out of my old mans place last september into one of the apt's my brother owns... family is GREAT :) still have to pay rent, but at least the landlord doesn't bust my balls, lol

since I have gotten out of school I got a 86 CRX as a commuter, which has since gotten a swap, got a 91 civic which got a simple motor tranny replacement swap, and is in the works for a B18 swap, got a stripped 95 teg, swapped in an H22 swap and is being completely bebuilt from the ground up, and my winter beater = 91 mazda pickup 4x4, got loans to get my first post college car, and another loan to get the teg and lots of parts/motor, both loans from grandma :), both repaid in full

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 2 2004, 10:52 AM
adults are too old and grumpy to enjoy the finer things in life like cars...

Im 19 y0, still a kiddy living w/mommy and daddy, not off mommy and daddy.

Double Income No Kids. Between me and my GF we make about 100k a year. I dont have an apartment, and im buying a house soon. Im 25 now, back in the day I had a 86 integra with springs intake and exhaust. (stickers all over it). Nobody ever gave me a dime eithier. <_< :)

None of the above. I'm a chronically unemployed consultant that makes huge whacks of money once a year.

-> Steve

<-- professional student now :)

Well, I always worked for my automotive habit, rents never gave shit for it.

Agree with B on buying an "recently broken in" used car such as an Audi/BMW with 40k on it, extended lease baby!!

yeah i work my balls off during the summer, pulling 10 hour shifts 6 days a week at a restaurant and while i'm here at school i'm only about to work about 15 hours a week- but i save everything i can- i wish my parents could afford to pay for anything for me, but sadly they can barely manage on their own

Back