Which Motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TMoney

I am about to purchase my first car at the end of this month.....the car is a 97 ek hatch pretty stock besides the rims and tires. I want a motor swap right away while i have the extra cash. Im thinkin about buying my cousins 94 ITR motor for $4000 but i wanted to check around and see what else i could come up with. Any input on which motor i should choose would be great. Thankz

welp seeing thet there is no such thing as a 94 ITR... i would definatly pass on that one
the first year for the ITR was 96 (JMD) or 97 (USDM)

basicly it comes down to
what are you looking to do with the car
whats your budget like
what are your goals
etc

excuse me on that one it was my bad.....it is a 96 not a 94 ITR thanks for catchin that :worthy: . basically i will be drivin the car to school and work daily and race weekends. after i purchase the car i will have about $2000 or so left over for some upgrades. overall my goal with the project is to be faster than or equal to my buddies 95 eg LS Vtec which is amazingly fast and has only lost on occasion. the ITR isnt the only option im lookin at with this car. im also thinkin about H22 or LS if i can find someone to help me out. thanks for the reply any more of your opinions is greatly appreciated.

T Money

i like h22's. :D my friend had one in a slantback hatch and he ended up runnin about 12.9 with i/h/e and the swap. dont remember what he was runnin for stickies tho.

Back