Why do you hate Hondas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Look at his name. I like Nissans too but jesus man. A Sentra SE-R cant beat my XSi so deal with it. This is Honda general annoyance thread, not i hate them so i will buy something else.

hey whoa whoa buddy. First of all like Chaz stated Hondas are built to be economy cars, as for them being expensive to fix...I threw a rod in my last motor, I bought a used motor which actually gave me a jump in power for $600 w/ installation. That isn't expensive at all. They don't have much torque but this is coming from a guy who loves Nissan apparently most of their cars have a 6 cylinder motor which of course will put out more torque than a 4 cylinder. They are cheap cars if you are calling honda expensive I wanna know where you find your cars.

I hate the fact that I had my car on jack stands today and even then, I'm working right in front of my face, with my head on the ground. I'm just picking street peddles out of my hair and got reminded.

...and the whole cheap parts thing, my rods, rockers and crank take a beating that no other ordinary engine could take so well. Just today my co-worker said that "oh well your engine may be able to do over 8000RPM but its much more unreliable that high". So i said "well if you hold it there for a while ya but i do it on a regular basis and its always good to go, the type R engine does 9000 all the time and they dont blow, perfectly designed, balanced and made crankshafts." Ok i guess that was Honda love not hate.......

I hate the first gear in my b16 tranny, and the reverse which can be difficult to get into.

Yup, its to make up for the MASSIVE 111ft of torque stock that the b16's have. Smart of Honda to make it shorter for the lack of torque. It works for me tho, just sometimes annoying during normal slow city driving you have to shift pretty quick to not sound like your givin it.

You know what I find funny....Nissan owners act overall high and mighty...a company that has stock turbo cars, and the brands' performance models are virtually identicle in price, power, and standard options. Both will last very long with regular maintence, both will most likely take a crap if they aren't taken care of. They are cars. It is all personal preferences. Personally I love the fact that I drive a car that represents my style (even though it doesn't right at this moment) that I enjoy driving, plus gets very good gas mileage. I personally prefer by d16y8 motor with the dx tranny I can get 30 or more mpg regularly and I don't know about you guys but that is a very good plus for me right now. I don't see why you would hate one brand of cars so much.

You have been here awhile and have a decent amount of posts. Why are you here? You should have been banned, unless this is someone else using the account.

I think its funny how he claims everyone got "butt hurt" over the truth, when nobody seemed to get angry, or even slightly upset. NissanNiNja2nd, your silly.

And the most important thing....the thing that matters the most after someone explains how his "omg LS/VTEC turbo beat a corvette!!!1111".

It's still a Honda Civic. Not matter what you do to it, how much horsepower it has, or what it looks like - it will still be a 5/10/15 year old economy car. I love fast Hondas done right, but when budgets start going beyond 10-12k, the fact remains that you could be doing something different. I hate seeing these cars in Honda Tuning and Super Street that someone has dumped 15k into internal work alone, and it's still making 700whp on 40lbs of boost. Your car may have 1000whp, 12 turbos, more engine work than Detroit, and a Motec M800 standalone, but it's still FWD, and it's still a Honda.

Note: This comment does not apply to S2ks, NSX's or ITR's.

Or the fact that if you put the same money into a corvette as you did the civic, the corvette would rape the civic sideways, chomp off its front end and cram it up its own fart can.

yes, but you can buy a civic, build it, and still have just as much fun if not more and beat the piss (or anti-freeze) out of a corvette for less than half the coin. As long as you are willing to keep up with parts that will wear, I don't see why it's an issue. You can replace all of the moving parts in a civic, and do a killer swap with a turbo, destroy a corvette, and still have spent WAY less than you would on a corvette or something comparable.

As for the fact that it's FF.... well, I can't really argue with that. I will say this however. There are enough dumb people out there that really don't know how to drive a fast car, and will pour money into a car to make it fast and think they can drive it. I'd rather see that happen with a front wheel drive car than a rear, simply because it's so much easier to lose control of a rear wheel drive car with power. But I guess that if you're going fast enough, it doesn't always matter, and in all honesty, someone without the knowledge or skill to drive a car like that has no business doing so.

alright, I'm done.

And the most important thing....the thing that matters the most after someone explains how his "omg LS/VTEC turbo beat a corvette!!!1111".

It's still a Honda Civic. Not matter what you do to it, how much horsepower it has, or what it looks like - it will still be a 5/10/15 year old economy car. I love fast Hondas done right, but when budgets start going beyond 10-12k, the fact remains that you could be doing something different. I hate seeing these cars in Honda Tuning and Super Street that someone has dumped 15k into internal work alone, and it's still making 700whp on 40lbs of boost. Your car may have 1000whp, 12 turbos, more engine work than Detroit, and a Motec M800 standalone, but it's still FWD, and it's still a Honda.

ITR's are still FWD, tho they are a sweeter more luxurious hondas, i still would apply it what you said.

I agree about not dumping that much money into an economy car but its preference. I personally would not wanna put that much money (unless i were rich) in my Integra. Thats why my goal is 200HP and just a clean smooth non-body kitted car. Nothing unreachable and nothing too expensive.

My affordable dream car is the S2000. I think they are sweet and can make good HP when you want to. Handles like a humming bird too.

umm the ITR is still a FWD car built on the civic platform.

yes, but you can buy a civic, build it, and still have just as much fun if not more and beat the piss (or anti-freeze) out of a corvette for less than half the coin. As long as you are willing to keep up with parts that will wear, I don't see why it's an issue. You can replace all of the moving parts in a civic, and do a killer swap with a turbo, destroy a corvette, and still have spent WAY less than you would on a corvette or something comparable.

maybe so in a straight line but last i knew corvettes handled much better than even built civics.

Back