Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bet Rywire could make a jumper to use what you've got.

I can dig it man, I've been wanting to wrench on my crx, but I have literally no money.

On the topic of car violations, there is someone just outside of city limits here who has a 64 Impala that looks like its been sitting in their yard since 67. It no longer has wheels, just sits on the ground. Think its gonna be there until it degrades. 64 impala is one hell of a lawn ornament.

Scored a DX engine harness to modify. Probably could have scored a DX engine with the harness cheaper.. Except for shipping.

Also scored an OEM ITR crank pulley, I needed one as mine was chipped on the edge, would have caused mad vibration.

It was a decent day on ebay.

I swapped the ZC into the element! Dropped right in. Didn't feel like fabbing up a firewall so I... umm.. covered it with a moving blanket. Should be safe.
attachment.php

I love this pic! I'm thinking about picking up a used element in a year or 2 because of the practicality and versatility of the damn thing

Truth be told, the element is a great kid hauler, and the interior is HUGE, super roomy. You could put a pro basketball player in the back seat and he would have plenty of room to stretch out. No joke. Most rear leg room I've ever seen in a vehicle. Seats are nice and wide as well, because there are only 2 seats instead of trying to cram 3 in.

It handles like shit, is slow (and I have the EX model, mind you) and gets semi-crappy gas mileage (22mpg hwy) on a 15 gallon tank, which is aggravating to say the least, seems like you have to stop alot at fuel stations on long road trips. And, given the lack of power, I wouldn't attempt to tow anything with it.. Maybe a single jet ski or something small like that. Definitely not a ski boat.

All that being said, if you buy it for a family hauler, it functions flawlessly. If you want to haul around light loads, It gobbles them up. The rear seats fold up or you can completely remove them to give you cargo-van like cargo capacity.

I suppose what I am trying to convey is, if you use it as it was designed, it is a magnificent vehicle. But don't expect to have any fun driving it. It is slow, and the word "nimble" has no place anywhere near it.

wow just looked at the new work... nice job with the brakes and pulling the zc. new updates soon?!?! maybe with a b18a in it?!?!?!

B18 is in it already. Buttoning it up, realized that I can't use the B harness with the DX chassis harness, ordered another pile of parts.. Its back to the waiting game again.

Truth be told, the element is a great kid hauler, and the interior is HUGE, super roomy. You could put a pro basketball player in the back seat and he would have plenty of room to stretch out. No joke. Most rear leg room I've ever seen in a vehicle. Seats are nice and wide as well, because there are only 2 seats instead of trying to cram 3 in.

It handles like shit, is slow (and I have the EX model, mind you) and gets semi-crappy gas mileage (22mpg hwy) on a 15 gallon tank, which is aggravating to say the least, seems like you have to stop alot at fuel stations on long road trips. And, given the lack of power, I wouldn't attempt to tow anything with it.. Maybe a single jet ski or something small like that. Definitely not a ski boat.

All that being said, if you buy it for a family hauler, it functions flawlessly. If you want to haul around light loads, It gobbles them up. The rear seats fold up or you can completely remove them to give you cargo-van like cargo capacity.

I suppose what I am trying to convey is, if you use it as it was designed, it is a magnificent vehicle. But don't expect to have any fun driving it. It is slow, and the word "nimble" has no place anywhere near it.

I put a d16y7 engine in the back of the fit, I didn't think to take a picture unfortunately. I had to put two 3ft pieces of 2x4 wood down, because the fit holds the spare tire under the trunk floor like most Honda cars. I flipped the seats down, just because it was a little wide, but other than that it was perfect.

Surprisingly, it didn't feel like a mini-van, just a little bit slower than usual. It'll probably feel about the same when I put the trailer hitch on and start towing the SV.

Honestly, the next step up from an Element is a Fit. But then again, you've gotta trade off that room for agility and fuel economy. It's not an issue if you don't have kids though. :D

Got my Integra Type Arrrgh pulley in today.

If anyone ever wondered.. A factory 1991 LS pulley weighs 7 pounds. A JDM 98 integra type r pulley weighs 2 pounds 6 oz. Great upgrade for little $$! I paid $65 shipped for mine on ebay.

That is a savings of almost 5 pounds and that is engine rotational mass, a great place to lose a little weight. Although the type argh pulley doesn't have a damper in it.. Its oem though, makes you wonder...

Finished up the B18 swap finally. Took it out on a test run today, needs an alignment bad!! The new suspension has some horrible toe out. Turn the wheel, nothing.. nothing... nothing... SNAP! you are turning! lol

I am very happy to find that the B18a1 "mystery motor" is actually very healthy. Good even compression and has some bawls to it, very peppy and happy. Has a bit of a stumble at low rpms, anything under 3k I would guess, tach is still in the mail. Above 3k it is an absolute rocket, was a fun little test drive! Just need to iron some things out. Probably has something to do with the charcoal canister delete. I ran a 1 way valve on the fuel tank vent, ran the fuel pressure reg straight to a vacuum port, and capped the rest of that system off. Removed the canister and purge cut off solenoid valve. There was no clear cut "how to" on that, but from what I could piece together from haynes/chilton research, it was the best way to do it. Will see if it spit codes later.

Nice to have the rex back on the road again, anyway. Well, sort of. I was running an open header.. Exhaust is next!

Just hearing you were running open header is hurting my ears. Glad you got the B18 in. I was never really a fan of the b18 swap. Is it really worth it though in your opinion? I figured a b16 would be smaller/lighter and you still have your vtick, and theres more of a market for them. Am I wrong though?

open header explains all your lowend power..
get an exhaust and it should pull hard in lower rpm and harder in the uppers

Just hearing you were running open header is hurting my ears. Glad you got the B18 in. I was never really a fan of the b18 swap. Is it really worth it though in your opinion? I figured a b16 would be smaller/lighter and you still have your vtick, and theres more of a market for them. Am I wrong though?

The final motor will be a b18c, or a b20/b16 hybrid. I put this motor in it because I just happened to have it laying around, and I was going to have to buy all the B swap crap sooner or later anyway. I had no idea it was going to cost $600+ to get the damn motor up to par. But whatever, its alive, and its happy. Quicker than the dohc ZC I pulled out for sure, you can feel the difference in torque.

I think the b18c would be pretty sweet. That's a kick ass little motor. And that's a light as hell car. I'm definitly in for this one. Wouldn't mind dropping one in mine later on.

i don't see any new pics... my computer must have a virus! cuz i knowz phyregod would be so lazy as to not post some god damn pics!!!

:eek:rolleyes:

Yeah... better scan your shizzo. As long as the scan takes, say.. 3 days.. the pics should show up when its done! :ph34r:

its nothing special really, a b18a1 in a rex. Going to have to do before/after shots of the motor, that will be good.

yea im working on cleaning up my engine. plus i gotta fix the worst mistake i ever made with my car. paining the bay with flat white... shits like a sponge for grease and grime lmao

Back