Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nice job phyre. car looks so much cleaner now. it looks like your taking your time and its paying off...

good luck :)

Fabing up another one wouldn't be too bad, but I'd charge too damn much for it. $15 shipped you can get a "JDM antenna block off".. Its plastic but its the same idea.

Honda Civic CRX JDM Antenna Block Off Plate OEM ED EF :eBay Motors (item 400058177811 end time Jul-25-09 16:18:05 PDT)

shit for 15 bucks shipped i could make carbon ones all freaking day for you guys that would want them. small stuff like that is easy to do with good quality. lemme know guys if you want one....

also phyre when i offered my services i stated i would do "small" parts lol so anything you need thats like less than 1.5 square feet, i can make. no body kits lol thats too much shit to fuck up on.

sooo... if you put a crx dash in there and cant find a lil piece that is usually broken easily (most crx owners know what im talking about) then holla at me dude, and i'll git r done.

Are you fabbing up custom parts or covering existing parts with CF? Both? I might recruit you for a custom gauge cluster..

please dont ever advise people to do this...EVER. if it isnt factory its not done right. you cant get anymore ghetto when it comes to rice than making your own vtack.:bash:

I make mistakes and I am still learning. I am pretty sure that my VTEC will be in running condition when I am done, and now I know not to run to a ghetto rigged VTEC controller if it does not work, thank you. It is called VTEC not VTACK by the way.

I make mistakes and I am still learning. I am pretty sure that my VTEC will be in running condition when I am done, and now I know not to run to a ghetto rigged VTEC controller if it does not work, thank you. It is called VTEC not VTACK by the way.

well...i guess you sure told taco - who happens to know piles more about the subject than you do. his usage of vtack was sarcasm.

:slap:

phyre, your rex is kickin.

Last edited:
well...i guess you sure told taco - who happens to know piles more about the subject than you do. his usage of vtack was sarcasm.

LMAO! fuckin right, son! Sarcasm is a bitch of an idea, is it not?! I'm lucky I don't ever have to worry about VTAK... They never put variable valve timing in Neons. Made in the good ole USA, go figure.

Are you fabbing up custom parts or covering existing parts with CF? Both? I might recruit you for a custom gauge cluster..

either one... but from scratch is gonna cost extra for complex parts, but if what you mean by guage cluster, the bezel? since it's flat i will do it normal rates lol

i dont have a pricing guide yet... it's still too early for that..

I started making a mold to use on fabbing fuel rail covers for the Neon A588 engines. I even have a good name for my business.

Don't know if it's been used yet though. I used some hard wire to make a emblem type thing (with my logo) into the mold, so we'll see how that goes.

BUT...

When I was ready to finalize the mold, I couldn't find my mofuckin epoxy resin... What a bitch that is. So I'm gonna have to look harder for it, or buy some new stuff. This shit is like 45 bucks for a damn liter man! I'm gonna be pissed if I can't find it.

Last edited:

Problem causing is just not my forte, so I will formally apologize for my previous comment. I was in a fight with my girlfriend and I was pissed off then I read that and I just snapped back. I do not want to cause any problems with you guys, I need as many friends with as much information I can get so I will take a lesson when I see one rather than feeling attacked. Again my apologies!.

Problem causing is just not my forte, so I will formally apologize for my previous comment. I was in a fight with my girlfriend and I was pissed off then I read that and I just snapped back. I do not want to cause any problems with you guys, I need as many friends with as much information I can get so I will take a lesson when I see one rather than feeling attacked. Again my apologies!.
Wow... yeah gf's can be a pita some times... shit women in general.. no wait... i'm not gonna say it with dacheat around :)

Update!!

purchased 2000 Civic Si disk brakes all the way around. Power stop rotors, project Mu front pads, hawk rear pads.
attachment.php

Installed the fronts. Needed these knuckles to accept a B series.
attachment.php

Then the rex burped up the ZC to make room for its new playmate. The B18a I have laying around.. Going to get it going until I can move on to bigger and better things.
attachment.php

I swapped the ZC into the element! Dropped right in. Didn't feel like fabbing up a firewall so I... umm.. covered it with a moving blanket. Should be safe.
attachment.php

Also ordered a bunch of new parts.. Hasport mounts & linkage, sk2 rear LCAs in pimptastical gold anno, 22mm adjustable rear sway (should be fun with the adjustable sk2 arms) and boring stuff like brake lines, nuts, bolts, OEM honda goodness, etc.

Attachments

• disks.jpg
    disks.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Installed.JPG
    Installed.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 380
  • burp.jpg
    burp.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 375
  • ZCswappedelement.jpg
    ZCswappedelement.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
None of the parts I ordered are here yet.. But I will. I'm actually going to go get some baby traffic cones from wal-mart (sports section) and set up a slalom course in a parking lot, see what kind of speed I can hold through the course at pre-measured slalom intervals.. Then I'm going to install the rear sway bar and do it again.. See exactly how much of a difference it makes. Will do videos of it as well to see how much flatter the car corners. Should be a fun little project.

A little update action...

Rear brakes done! 2000si disks, calipers, trailing arms, power stop rotors, hawk pads.

Old crummy drums. Why? WHY??
attachment.php

Old crusty sloppy trailing arm bushings. This won't do!
attachment.php

New energy suspension trailing arm bushings. Much better!
attachment.php

DONE! (Except for the damn elusive, almost mystical E-brake cables! Someone sell me some!!!)
attachment.php

Attachments

• drums1.jpg
    drums1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 353
  • disks1.jpg
    disks1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 340
  • disks2.jpg
    disks2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 374
  • disks3.jpg
    disks3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 358
Nice man, nice! I want to do this swap even more now. What rating are those black eurethane bushings? I have the red bushings and just want to make sure I go something that is not too soft.

Hell, I dunno. They offer them in standard "red" or graphite impregnated "black". The graphite impregnated stuff doesn't squeak, so I went that route. Didn't list the durometer.

Ok, I was just curious because I was looking at getting D-Series polyeurethane engine mount bushings and the Red ones were rated softer than the Black ones and I figured that the same applied to the trailing arm bushings. Also, did you drive it yet, and if so how is it?

No motor or trans in it.. Waiting on the mounts and linkage.. Still need to get axles.

Also, I found a bent wheel stud on the front hub.. I had no idea what a pain in the ass a wheel stud is on a honda. Pulled the caliper and rotor, hit the stud with a hammer and it popped back.. right into the knuckle. You can't just change studs on the damn thing. Haynes manual pretends the front hubs don't exist. Chilton says "remove with specialty hydrolic tools" Thats the entire front hub section.

Going to have to pull the knuckle off and take it to a shop it looks like.

The rex/civic hubs are pressed in with a hydrolic machine, and you have to replace the wheel bearing when you do it. This sucks. I do not own a hyrdrolic hub puller.. this wheel stud is going to cost me $80ish I think...

Back