yet another katrina thread...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
from the cnn home page:

New Orleans police halt rescue efforts to stop looters

what the fucking fuck?

are you fucking serious?

for christ's sake.

people are stealing food, water, and clothing because the Gov't has FAILED MISERABLY to provide them anything as of yet. Some folks haven't eaten in 3 days, and are still in their soaking wet clothing.

I'll tell you right now, if i was there, i'd be stealing everything i could possibly need or use and carry with me, as far as survival stuff.

wtf am i going to do with a water-soaked tv with no power anyway?

and even if i DID have cash on me-- WHO THE FUCK IS OPEN to BUY SOMETHING FROM?????

but to STOP rescuing people from roof tops to stop people from stealing basic supplies of life--

it just absolutely pisses me off.

FUCK BUSH for taking 3 days to STILL DO NOTHING.
there hasn't even been a plan of relief yet. They are more concerned with dumping sand to save the city instead of dumping food and water to save the people.

god i'm pissed.

WTF?

its kind of a self-fullfilling prophecy. Obviously everything in that town will be soaked and completely useless and needs to be replaced. Its all the F tards that are stealing weapons, alcohal, and anything else too expensive for them. Mix in the poor and desperate in this situation and hell I would be shooting at helicoptors while I stole stuff to upgrade my lifestyle too. Gotta get me some dubs for my grocery cart and a phat system for my tricycle...

Im with ya B...let the trash take care of its self and rescue those people that are on the verge of dying from dehydration.

<sigh> Here I go, once again, trying to spoon feed to logic over your cries of "fuck bush fuck bush".

What the hell do you want him to do ? ! Fly the fucking Chinook down there with a rescue buss, parachute with the bus, drive it through the wall of the fucking stadium, throw people on his shoulder into the bus, then drive it out ?!

HE's got FEMA. And everyone fuckin crawled up Bush Sr's ASS about starting FEMA. FEMA went in and took care of EVERYTHING before the storm even touched land.

Now listen, I'll do this shit as long as I need to - But you need to somehow grow the nerve endings that connect your brain to your spinal column before causing this "fuck bush" blow of consciousness - It's only going to make you miserable in the end - Because it takes the control of any and all situations from YOU And places it with someone who has obviously rubbed you the wrong way.

It's a mentality that, regardless of how popular it is, does nothing but reflect poorly on you - And it makes it damned near impossible to lend creedence to anything you have to say beyond it.

And now we have a pissedoffdebate®

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 1 2005, 07:13 AM
from the cnn home page:

New Orleans police halt rescue efforts to stop looters

what the fucking fuck?

are you fucking serious?

for christ's sake.

people are stealing food, water, and clothing because the Gov't has FAILED MISERABLY to provide them anything as of yet. Some folks haven't eaten in 3 days, and are still in their soaking wet clothing.

I'll tell you right now, if i was there, i'd be stealing everything i could possibly need or use and carry with me, as far as survival stuff.

wtf am i going to do with a water-soaked tv with no power anyway?

and even if i DID have cash on me-- WHO THE FUCK IS OPEN to BUY SOMETHING FROM?????

but to STOP rescuing people from roof tops to stop people from stealing basic supplies of life--

it just absolutely pisses me off.

FUCK BUSH for taking 3 days to STILL DO NOTHING.
there hasn't even been a plan of relief yet. They are more concerned with dumping sand to save the city instead of dumping food and water to save the people.

god i'm pissed.

WTF?
[post=548209]Quoted post[/post]​

I think they're stopping people from looting things like jewelery stores and best buys, not convienience stores and safeways. I hope anyway. :eek:

Yeah, there is no police support in the streets down there. And then on top of that, since the gangs have armed themselves - They've been finding cops dead in the streets. Cops who have had no mal-intent, Cops that were only trying to help (Even if they MAY have been corrupt on any other day of the week).

It's nice to know that New York is 100x more civil and friendly than New Orleans. Animals.

Is kinda hard to rescue people when they are being shot in the head.........

THis is a post onthe corvetteforums of a guy who lives there

Mods can you allow this to stay and not be absorbed into the Hurricane thread please.

First off I wanted to post what REALLY is going on in this city. Please don't get this thread locked people. The news stations are only showing a minuscule of reality. This post may offend some people but I will post what I saw, like it or not it is REALITY.

Well last night I was watching the 6pm news when they announced the 17th street canal pumps failed as well as another break in the levee. My house is right off St. Charles Ave. and up to 6pm yesterday is was the only part of the city that was dry. Since the pumps failed and the new break St. Charles Ave. would be under 9ft of water in the next 12-15hrs. My brother and I felt if we wanted to save anything we had to leave NOW. We loaded up flashlights, rope, our medical ID's, both our .45 Glocks, 2 shotguns and rode out. En-route we listened to the radio which broad casted all the news about the looters and what not, in hindsight it was a mistake. My mother didn't want us to go by dad who is a Vietnam vet told to be safe and "shoot to kill" if it ever comes to that.

One the way we had to pass 5-6 checkpoints to allow entry into the city. We stated we were medical personnel who were activated, showed our ID and off we went. On the radio reports were coming in about the officer who was shot in the head, the 2 gunman who opened fired on the NOPD station, and how looters were carjacking cars to get out of the city. This started making my brother nervous and giving seconds thoughts.

Anyway we get to the city and it looks like a freaking war zone. The best visual I can give is the movie "Blackhawk Down" when all the Somalians are rushing the city. They are people EVERYWHERE, they are pissed off, and all have weapons, 2X4's, Axes, and guns. If this wasn't bad enough we are 2 white boys in a truck in a sea several hundred armed pissed off blacks. There wasn't a white person to be found. I couldn't get over the little 8-10yr old kids with weapons, I ever saw one carry a claw hammer!

These people were absolutely nuts rammed trucks(stolen I'm sure) in to jewelry stores stealing items, they were tearing apart Wal-Mart carrying out TV's, Playstations, DVD players, etc. One lady was wheeling out an entire rack of merchandise, not sure what it was but sure wasn't clothes for food. They were all laughing and carrying on like it's freaking Christmas.

We got stuck in traffic when we see the group of guys walking down the street w/ AK-47's, at that point the "pucker factor" kicked in, a couple Glocks and shotguns were no match for that. We haul azz trying to get to Uptown when we see these people chopping down the front door w/ an axe of this $4-5 million dollar mansion on ST. Charles Ave. I was just in total awe because it was so surreal. Making matters worse it's 11pm at night there is no electricity and you really can see anything or anyone until they are right up on you.

Our plan was to be in and out in 30min, this included putting his Harley on the trailer. It would have taken me 5-10min tops to get my stuff, all I wanted was my pictures from college, my clothes/shoes, and my computer tower. Well he got scared saying we are going to get jumped while putting the bike on the trailer. Keep in mind this is the only area in the city that is dry. So just like rats who move to higher ground these people were doing the same. Word must have gotten out that Uptown was dry so there started to be a large influx of people.

Needless to say he wanted to go home rather than take our chances. While it was the smart thing to do I was beyond infuriated w/ him because we made it this far. He just kept saying our lives aren't worth it. So we turned around, our next challenge was getting out of the city while not getting jacked. Reports came out that people were jumping in the back of truck holding the drivers at gunpoint. Traffic started to slow so I just nailed it got out as fast as I could.

Even though he was the voice of reason I'm still pissed. All I have is my life and the clothes on my back. I lost my house(which is now 9ft underwater) ALL my clothes, TV, computer, furniture, and photo albums and videos from childhood and college. What makes this worse is my brother owned the house and I was a tenant and I didn't have renters insurance, hindsight is 20/20.

I also hope everyone of the F*(king looters get Tetanus, E-Coli and F*(KING drown. I'm serious I really hope the all die for what they were doing to the city, killing people, and destroying homes. Never in my life have I ever seen people act live savages, it was truly sicking.

Sobering. It's particularly sobering because I'm the gung-ho armed righteous guy, like he is, and I have no "voice of reason" friend like he does. I would have gone deeper and deeper into the city until I had to fight my way out.

Damn, Give this guy kudos for both his bravery and his commonsense. I'm sorry to see bad things happen to good people. It's nuts.

Not even New York was 1% as bad as this.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 1 2005, 10:00 AM
[post=548218]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no debate.

the second the storm hit land, there should have been trucks filling with bottled water, blankets, medical supplies, and packaged food like MRE's.

it's 3 days later now, and there's still no reports of supplies getting there.

this is simply unacceptable.

FEMA or no FEMA, the gov't NEEDS to do something.

Fact is, they may already be too late.

And now, 3 days later, the riots are starting.

Why? A bunch of pissed off people who are starving, thirsty, and waiting for disease to settle in.

i'd be shooting cops too after 3 days of them not helping me get something to drink.

it is 100% unacceptable.

we should all be ashamed. you even more so for supporting the delay.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 1 2005, 09:35 AM

[post=548233]Quoted post[/post]​

When did I ever say I supported any delays ?

And all I wanted to do was get your aggression away from George not doing anything. If FEMA didn't do what you wanted, when you wanted - Then you have a right to make noise about it.

I'm happy :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 1 2005, 09:35 AM-->
@Sep 1 2005, 10:00 AM
[post=548218]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no debate.

the second the storm hit land, there should have been trucks filling with bottled water, blankets, medical supplies, and packaged food like MRE's.

it's 3 days later now, and there's still no reports of supplies getting there.

this is simply unacceptable.

FEMA or no FEMA, the gov't NEEDS to do something.

Fact is, they may already be too late.

And now, 3 days later, the riots are starting.

Why? A bunch of pissed off people who are starving, thirsty, and waiting for disease to settle in.

i'd be shooting cops too after 3 days of them not helping me get something to drink.

it is 100% unacceptable.

[post=548233]Quoted post[/post]​

Cops only receive orders from the chief and he receieves orders most likly from the mayor on what to do.....there is no grounds what-so-ever to be shooting at ANYONE.....

They have families too you know...So do EMT's and what not....there is a process for everything and there are orders to follow.....thats how it works...it sucks it took so long to get help, but its far from the Polices fauilt for that..the state shoulda had a plan to deal with Disaster Recovery....

it's too long.

innocent people are going to die, because "officials" and the "boss" sat on their asses too long.

kinda reminds me of the video of GWB reading that book to the kids when 9/11 attacks happened....

just sitting on his ass...

This is some crazy stuff. I still havent heard from a friend who recently moved down there.

On NPR this morning they said that 100 extra military police are there today, but the mayor said they need thousands. How out of hand do you guys think this situation is going to get? Gangs could start pushing into New Orleans suburbs. If police and rescue personnel boycott for fear of being murdered in the street. Thousands more are likely to die from lack of food or clean water.

its only going to get worse.

they need to declare marshall law in the city. its the only way to clean it up and get people safe.

head for alabammy and georgia and load up a couple trucks full of pissedoffrednecks and just turn them loose in the city.

this is just unbelievable. its the LA Riots mixed with a dash of 9/11 and a sprinkle of the El Nino.

WTF?!?! i say just take those without serious weapons (obviously need a least a shotgun so u wont be shot urself, omit the people with aks) and leave the rest to fight for the "survival of the fittest."

Marshall law would definately need to be enacted. What pissed me off was the fact that people were shooting at rescue helicopters. Screw the National Guard, we need full-on military presence. Whats been stolen is stolen, thats what insurence is for, we need to focus on getting as many people out as possible.

As far as looters....kill them on the spot. I read an article on Firehouse.com that detailed a few fire fighters/EMT's being mugged and robbed at gunpoint - their trucks set on fire, and the ambulances overturned. My father has been a firefighter for 25 years, if I heard of anything like that happening to him, I'd be in the street with a Remmington 870 faster than anything. I just can understand how people can act so savage in a time like this.

Those aren't people. The looters are the ones that have been savages living amongst the people. They see their time has come, so they don't want it to end.

anyone wanna go on a safari?

thiefs, no matter their color, heritage, religion, sex, etc should be put down on the spot...

someone only worrying about personal gain in a time of misfortune and disaster is not a human...

Back