1.4se cvt-7 Jazz service

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rogbrown

Hi our JAZZ needs a service,that includes checking the valve clearance, local main dealer quoted 362 uk pounds 517 euros!!!. So I've decided to find out how to do it myself, but need the inlet/exhust clearance specs, can anyone help please..tks:(

They should be listed on a sticker under the hood... at least that's how it is in the US. It should also be in your owner's manual.

valve clearance

Hi again, really wish that Honda had put more information on the sticker under the bonnet (hood), only says about the coolent and aircon, nowt else.

So if anyone knows the camshaft valve clearance for inlet & exhust it would be very appreciated.:(

Here in the states we don't even have that engine size although I would imangine they are similar. I would invest in a service manual for your engine. You should be able to pick one up at the dealer.

how many miles are on the thing is it making noise? Ive seen motors with 200k+ and they were still tighter than the manual list

I agree the valve clearances may be fine, but, until I can check I dont know,
Honda actually carry out this check every 25,000mls and I presume they know what they are doing, cant see them checking unless needed.
What I need is the spec for the gap, anyone help?

What if the gaps are closing up due to crap un-leaded petrol, erroding the valve seats, it will be quiet then !!

lol i guess that could be a problem but you will have other problem b4 this happens i dont know about the specs i was just trying to give you some peace about the situtation

Valve Clearances

Well after a lot of research, result!!
Jazz 1.4 L13A 8V SOHC i-DSI engine 2002-2006

Inlet valve 0.15 to 0.19mm (6-7 thou)
Exhust valve 0.26 to 0.30mm (10-12 thou)

Rog...

Well done! That was my exact question - about the valve clearances. Our dealer has not renewed the spark plugs in 35000m and now the car is going like a bomb after installing new spark plugs in half an hour. Great saving, as the dealer quoted us £140.00 for the job. I am betting that they have not checked the valve clearances...

Many Thanks

Spark Plug change

Glad that you saved yourself a fortune over main dealer prices, and that you cars running better.
Did you lash out for "IRIDIUM" spark plugs (last 70,000mls + ) or just stuffed in the standard ones?

No - Just the standard NGK Honda supplied. They seem OK. Next it will be front brakes, I guess. Honda only publish workshop manuals on much older models. Neat ploy to keep the punters coming back.

Workshop manual

I bought a CD that was advertised on e bay for a mear £4.99 ( $8.98)
really good, well worth the money, dont doubt that Hondas one would cost a fortune.
Rog....

1.4 jazz valve adjustment

Hi guy`s, I need to check the valve clearance on my Jazz as well. My local dealear says that a valve compressor tool is required to do the job. Does anyone know the cam set up on these engines or how to do the adjustment. I suspect that there may be shims in the set up if a tool is required.

Looks like
idsicutaway.jpg
its only a spanner/screwdriver and a set of feeler gauges setup!!

Jazz valve clearance

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. Looks like my LHD was bigging the job up for the £370 service charge.

Now I wonder why they would do that!!
As for needing a spring compressor tool, looks like even their V-Tech engine has the same adjusting arrangements... Rog.

vtecrocker.jpg

Back