Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I couldn't help but notice...

264,987 views! Good grief!

[/end thread forever! lol]

i saw you posted and was like. What?!?!?! then i read the post and got sad...

i wanted to see that you got a new honda project :(

well, theres not a whole lot I can do now, because of the weekend, but trust me, if he hasnt shipped it this time, I'll be calling the better business bureau(sp) of Georgia and complaining about this service.

I'll let him know first, and see if I can recieve any more compensation(he's already taken 400 off), but rest assured I'm not just letting it 'slide'.

My motor better be here tomorrow.

I vote we stickey a big nice title saying,
"STAY AWAY FROM KMS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT"

Agreed?

I've been reading a little bit on the BBB of Central GA, and I'm just contimplating filing a complaint.
Edit: I decided to go ahead and Email the BBB. we'll see what happens

Wish I saw this earlier,I bought a head package and sent him my b16 head, I emailed for a time to expect my head back, kept saying another week to finish. Asked for a refund will not do b/c he stated he started work on the head. Paypal wont do anything about the situation,( claiming they cant refund money for services) been calling them 3 times a day for a week now for a resolution. Contacted BBB as well, he told them he stopped on the head b/c I opened a claim on him. Either way, he has my $1035 for the work and parts, So finish the head or refund my money. Even told him he could keep my head if he really did start on it. This company SUCKS! Never buy anything from them

Last edited:
The reason is that Andrew sold the car, and hardly visits hondaswap these days.

:(
This made me sad... it's very true, though.

I tell you what:

I'm back!!!

I bought a new car a few months ago. I can't decide, but I think I should make a new thread for it... What do you guys think?

Here's the low-down:

1993 Civic LX with (drum-roll please) 363,xxx miles and counting!!! :rimshot: :D

2012-07-21_19-38-42_250.jpg

It's all stock, no mods except I put in a safety-start switch.
I just did the Timing belt/Tensioner/Waterpump/Radiator/Hoses a couple thousand miles ago.

Don't fret, I'll post more pictures when I can take some. I have a laundry list of "To-Do's" for this car, and will start posting it up! it up!

I think I'll make a new thread... What do y'all think? Should I just continue this one?! Let's see how big we can make this thread!!! LOL

I've missed you guys.
Much love, HS!

What about AWD conversion from a CRV or the like..?
Looks nice and clean.
I missed out on a CLEAN, black 2-door coupe that was abandoned at our employee lot (since 05) with only 65k on it! (just too much red tape to acquire it back then, and then I retired)

I like the small head lights that the early 90's had.

What about fabbing in some bucket seat to the rear? (I wanted to do that with my 90 4dr)
Or even some rotating front buckets for the front like the 'early-mid 70's monte carlo's.

How are the door hinges? Has the driver door limiter pulled from the body?
or is it still operable?

E

crazzzzzy :lol:

Welcome back homie.

CRX went to me and literally hours after finishing touches on the car I had an offer I couldn't refuse. car turned out nice and the motor ran ran strong with a tune and rmf header.

now the CRX is strictly an autocross car with a badass single cam. :)

good luck on your projecto Andrew! funny I got a 94 couple to flip just last week ;)

What about AWD conversion from a CRV or the like..?
What about fabbing in some bucket seat to the rear? (I wanted to do that with my 90 4dr)

Or even some rotating front buckets for the front like the 'early-mid 70's monte carlo's.

How are the door hinges? Has the driver door limiter pulled from the body?
or is it still operable?
Thanks!
My hinges are hinging in the proper fashion.

The AWD conversion is a fun idea, but the reality is: I'm content with it the way it is. My overall plan for the car is "creature-comforts". Keeping the A/C (I just replaced everything with brand new stuff, so AC is ice cold...), I'd like to find some comfy front seats.. Maybe some clean Tan leather Integra seats or something. Ideas?

crazzzzzy :lol:

Welcome back homie.

CRX went to me and literally hours after finishing touches on the car I had an offer I couldn't refuse. car turned out nice and the motor ran ran strong with a tune and rmf header.

now the CRX is strictly an autocross car with a badass single cam. :)

good luck on your projecto Andrew! funny I got a 94 couple to flip just last week ;)

Hey buddy!

Glad the car is still around town( I'm assuming anyway)! I hope they didn't chop it up too much for racing... :rolleyes: I sure do miss my CRX. If I have the chance, I'd like to buy another one. White, of course. :)

----------------------

I'm going out of town this weekend, but I have some updates to post soon. I plan to adjust my valves asap, they're making some noise.., as well as do some interior stuff. (Map light, LED's, and other nifty projects.)

Also, what are people doing to 'renew' their motor mounts? I don't want stiff inserts, and IDK much about filling them. Do they make different densities for the Polyurethane? I'd like a slightly tighter than OEM result.

Last edited:
For engine mounts that are stiffer than stock, but dont put a ton of vibration on the car, i really like Hardrace engine mounts. The hardrace mounts look and fit like oem, but just have more rubber and its much beefier. Poly inserts are rough, and the full poly mounts are rough. Ive had several different types of mounts before and these hardrace ones are the best. But if you are on a tight budget, then filling your stock mounts will help slightly.

Get yerself a tube of windshield cauking ($15-18) and a set of used mounts.
Clean ALL gunk off of them, let dry, tape up one side and start caulking the other side getting into all the nooks and cranny's.
I like to use a pop-cicle stick and spread it either even-flat or conical. and let harden for a few days. 4 should be enough. and replace

It will translate some vibration to the cabin, but doesn't bother me that much at all.

And of course, rebuild the shifting linkage bushings. It's probably sloppy after that many miles.
If you can't find the bushings, one can heat the cross shafts to let them melt a little and harden. That can save time till cash comes in.

E

For engine mounts that are stiffer than stock, but dont put a ton of vibration on the car, i really like Hardrace engine mounts. The hardrace mounts look and fit like oem, but just have more rubber and its much beefier. Poly inserts are rough, and the full poly mounts are rough. Ive had several different types of mounts before and these hardrace ones are the best. But if you are on a tight budget, then filling your stock mounts will help slightly.

Thanks for the info! I'll check Hardrace out.

Get yerself a tube of windshield cauking ($15-18) and a set of used mounts.
Clean ALL gunk off of them, let dry, tape up one side and start caulking the other side getting into all the nooks and cranny's.

And of course, rebuild the shifting linkage bushings. It's probably sloppy after that many miles.
If you can't find the bushings, one can heat the cross shafts to let them melt a little and harden. That can save time till cash comes in.

E

Thanks for the caulking info.

Also, I have the ES kit for the linkage. That'll be one of my updates soon. :)

Can y'all believe it's been 7 years since I started my account and this thread?

Did someones post get deleted? My last post in here does not make sense. I think I was answering someones question, but where is the question?

Glad to see you are still around Andrew. How is married life?

It's great, man!!! I'm loving it. It's made me re-prioritize my life, but as Momma Stuart would say: "It's a good thing."

Here's a recent pic of us.... We're alive and well!

Sniff.. SNIFF.. OUR BOY IS ALL GROWN UP.. sniff.

Congrats, but Some advise. DON'T put/let things get in between you guys.
Communicate and draw on each others strengths..

E

Did someones post get deleted? My last post in here does not make sense. I think I was answering someones question, but where is the question?

Same stuff happened to me a couple times.
I wrote up a longer post and I didn't know that the site kicked me off and when I tried to upload it, it told me to sign in and lost the whole post..:huh:

E

Sniff.. SNIFF.. OUR BOY IS ALL GROWN UP.. sniff.

Congrats, but Some advise. DON'T put/let things get in between you guys.
Communicate and draw on each others strengths..

E

Thanks Dad!!! ^_^

Seriously, though, thanks for the advice. We have a good support group (family, friends, religion, etc) so we have been well taken care of. It's been 2.5 years already! wow!

Ok, let me stop sharing so much of my personal life with yall... if I keep going, I'll be leaving my SS # before I know it! (which is btw: 327-88-289_ wait....) :D

Back