13.8 At 99mph On Street Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by civic_racer@Feb 3 2003, 12:16 PM
tats it man, u should be able to run mid 13s w/b18c5 stock. n ur boostin 35psi! man if i had tat ill be runnin at least low 12s. besides tats not a good idea because u havent fix the internal of ur engine. rite now i have a b16 in my 94 cx hatch n i run 14 flat w/ intake, exhaust, header, n stage 2 act. with street tires. maybe u need to pratice on ur shiftin.

peace

i agree i have a crx 88 dx w/ a b18c5 and it halls ass just stock with custom exhaust thats it right now. it fly's maybe practice driving. j/k you or tune the engine right.. i need to know if t4's will fit in it now?? with some nos when i go crazy..

Originally posted by 88crxdx@Feb 3 2003, 02:54 PM
it fly's maybe practice driving. j/k you or tune the engine right..

i think we already clarified that he WAS NOT BOOSTING, he is planning on boosting, and it was his TIRE PRESURE that was at 35 psi!!! so i say he was doing a pretty damned good job driving!

does anyone know what he's talking about here

i need to know if t4's will fit in it now?? with some nos when i go crazy..

what?!?!!?

I guess if your not a real racer you wont understand the post.I didnt think it was that hard to understand though. :unsure:

damn dude, that is a good time...i must admit, when i read the post, i thought you were boosting 35 psi...i'm an idiot, i admit it. what kinda street tires were ya using? i gotta get me some...

They are called Visa tires.I have never heard of them until i got this set.One of my 60s was a 2.15 w/ a small burnout.Just clean them off a little.When they started to hase I pulled forward.

KEEP YOUR ITR MOTOR NA!!!!!!!!!

and get some drag radials, and tune your setup, its so badass now, you'll be able to get low 13's with just what i mentioned, plus be able to road race and auto-x.

Originally posted by colorpros@Feb 3 2003, 03:53 PM
2 litre eg.I see you have Port Flow on your post signature.Thats the same head and valvetrain I use.

yeah the head was actually done by RS Machining and the rest of the valve train is Portflow... Tom @ Portflow cleaned up the head a bit also cause it was a damaged head when i brought it to him...

portflow is good shiet, hope your happy with what portflow did for you :D

Type R motors just beg to be kept all motor banshees. But, if you wanna boost it, boost it well. 35 PSI might be a little to much though. HA.

i dunno i heard Kenny Tran runs around 42psi in his drag civic which runs an b18c5, and in a magazine it says he is using the stock cranks with just magnaflux.

tats it man, u should be able to run mid 13s w/b18c5 stock. n ur boostin 35psi! man if i had tat ill be runnin at least low 12s. besides tats not a good idea because u havent fix the internal of ur engine. rite now i have a b16 in my 94 cx hatch n i run 14 flat w/ intake, exhaust, header, n stage 2 act. with street tires. maybe u need to pratice on ur shiftin.

I have a friend which ran 14 flat on stock internals... but other than that... cams, intake, exaust, header

im pretty sure thats it.

IMO, i too would go NA with it. a little more work, and some tunring, and you're in the 12s for sure.

buy a GSR motor and boost that. then, get a quaiffe, and go from there. you have a BRAND NEW ITR motor. thats an insane setup, keep that car intact and build something else, you have a setup most people would love to have and would theoretically have to lower compression and probably get forged pistons before you can get into the 11's with any type of reliability.

Originally posted by colorpros@Feb 3 2003, 07:24 AM
Got built bottom block for later on.Going to boost it 20 lbs.

sell me your c5 block when you put in your bulit block :)

yup i agree with every one here keep the itr n/a and boost a gsr. i would hate to see a itr blown up, that would be like when they crushed that yellow skyline. go n/a! blow something up thats more common like gsr.

all you anti-itr/t guys are crackheads. boost that mof0. the b18c5 has the most potential of any of the b-series engines... n/a or otherwise.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 14 2003, 08:21 AM
all you anti-itr/t guys are crackheads. boost that mof0. the b18c5 has the most potential of any of the b-series engines... n/a or otherwise.

Yea, lets boost on 11.X CR pistons. Everyone goes against boosting an ITR, and i know you know why Kyle.. b/c you have to rip it apart and replace all the NA parts and the 5500 you spent for the motor and you wont use the tranny/cams/pistons/. IMO, go find an ITR block and build it for boost.. but dont buy an ITR swap and do it and dont take a built up ITR and replace the parts.. leave it NA and build another motor.

but if you've got the money, which apparetly he does, it will perform better than any other b-series engine... granted that it is tuned properly. if you want the best of the best, then itr is the way to go.

Back