1992 Honda Accord Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slow4draccord

Well I am new to accords. I bought a 4dr Civic EX new in 1998. Had it till a few months ago that i totaled it trying to miss a dang dog. But My life till then was jsut Civics and that is all I know right now. Someone help me. I dont know jack about this car. It is automatic, and my D4 light keeps flashing. What is it and what cna fix it? What type of engine does it have? Can I beef it up and get a power/tourqe increase I want or should I do an engine swap? What mods should I lean towards and which ones should I stay away from? Any help would be appreciated.

the usdm 1992 accords come stock with "F" series engines , mainy and only the F22 which is a 2.2L SOHC non-vtec engine about 130-140 hp stock. most people looking to go a bit faster usually do H22 swaps into this which is a 2.2L DOHC VTEC block usually about 190-220 depending on which block u get. im not too sure what the hell a D4 light is, but at the same tme i have a 5 speed so it might have something to do with the automatics. your best bet is to search the forums and look for info pertaining to your vehicle and engines that cak make u more HP theres a ton of info on this site about swaps and HP secrets

if u deciede that u dont want to do a swap and keep the motor there alot of parts out there to enhance HP and lately there are alot of companies out there making turbo kits for that block.

i think he is talking about the 4th gear light...lol...if youve driven an automatic before you know you need to put it in D1 D2 D3 or D4 to drive forward...lol...so yea...but anyways...as far as the blinking problem...i have no idea...ill see if i can find some info on it

lol...i figured it had somethign to do with an automatic ...wasnt too sure tho

Also it seems like it does not want to kick into over drive. I can be going down the road at 60 and the RPM guage reads 3000 rpm. Also my old room mate had a 1995 honda accord EX which was VTEC, and with a few mods it was beating H23 preludes, would it be easy to take a F22 engine from that year accord and will it bolt up right and would axels be the same and I guess I would have to change the ECU as well would I have to change the TCU?

I had the same problem with my 92 accord. We found out that it was a fried diode or relay in the transmisson computer. It is located under the passenger side floor mat and carpet. Check around in the junkyards for a used one. $50 vs. around $200-$300. You can save a lot of money that way. Mine still works after about 3 years.

slow4draccord said:
Also it seems like it does not want to kick into over drive. I can be going down the road at 60 and the RPM guage reads 3000 rpm. Also my old room mate had a 1995 honda accord EX which was VTEC, and with a few mods it was beating H23 preludes, would it be easy to take a F22 engine from that year accord and will it bolt up right and would axels be the same and I guess I would have to change the ECU as well would I have to change the TCU?

If you're going to go through the trouble of swapping you might as well go H22. The 94-97 F22B1 VTEC motor only has like 10-15 more horses than the motor that's already in your car. You could make that up bolt ons and tuning. If you're going to swap than I'd say go for an H22, that way you'd get an instant 50-60 horsepower upgrade, plus a better platform for building or boosting later.

TeamUrbanChaos said:
the usdm 1992 accords come stock with "F" series engines , mainy and only the F22 which is a 2.2L SOHC non-vtec engine about 130-140 hp stock. most people looking to go a bit faster usually do H22 swaps into this which is a 2.2L DOHC VTEC block usually about 190-220 depending on which block u get. im not too sure what the hell a D4 light is, but at the same tme i have a 5 speed so it might have something to do with the automatics. your best bet is to search the forums and look for info pertaining to your vehicle and engines that cak make u more HP theres a ton of info on this site about swaps and HP secrets

if u deciede that u dont want to do a swap and keep the motor there alot of parts out there to enhance HP and lately there are alot of companies out there making turbo kits for that block.
can we use f22 wire harness for h22 motor? and what is the hp of turbo attach to f22 series?

Last edited:
Back