1993 civic cx swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-93

I recently purchased an 1993 civic cx, i found out the cx only has 70hp, but is a good car for a swap because it is light. i would like to know what engine is the best for the cx and what would i have to replace to swap another engine in, i would like to know what cars i can find this engine in, i plan on having the car for daily driver and the maybe even autocross i'd love to have at least 250hp after mods and still an reliable car. i hear the b16a is a good engine but i'm new to this

b16? better be boosted, 250whp in a turbo'd honda wont exactly be reliable, unless it's a very good tune and you take care of it.

H22 would give you the easiest route to 250whp
B series are sworn up and down and will be fast enough.
I was completely happy with my B18b swap, and that only gave me 130-140 horses, it was faster than most cars around me.

I would recommend turbo for your goal, tuning is a necessary step in forced induction, it is in any build really.

installing an H22 will start you off with a goal of only needing 50 or so extra horses.

I think 250 is entirely unesscessary, but i haven;t driven a 250hp civic.

where do you find the H22, and does it line up with the mounting brackets on the civic already or will i have to make or get a kit for them, also is the h22 more expensive the the b-seris?...thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by civic@93,Aug 16 2005, 06:43 AM
where do you find the H22, and does it line up with the mounting brackets on the civic already or will i have to make or get  a kit for them, also is the h22 more expensive the the b-seris?...thanks for the feedback
[post=540643]Quoted post[/post]​

dude you be better off getting a b series since you dont know much about swaps....That should drop right in with no prob....
For the H series you're gonna need Hasport Motor mounts...

Check out HM for engines, Hasport for the mounts and I dont know about the wiring but if anything check Rywire...

Good luck! :D

I think a b series would make you happy.

i also recommend H motors online assumeing you can find a car to donate an engine. I really liked having an integra to pull parts off of if i screwed something up (twisted a bolt off, or destroy some simple hardware)

Hasport makes things that can be custom fabricated. Depends if you want to spend time or money. They make the more complecated swap easy.

I would recommend reading every swap article and then seeing what questions you have. this site is a great resource. Most everything has been asked before.

Back