2001 Civic Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eternalbluersx

well first of all dont go with a b16A. I just traded in my 00 si and bought a 2002 rsx. The rsx is much better. Plus you will not have as many miles on as rsx motor. I dont know if you are intersted in a k20a3 swap (2002 civic si motor) But I will sell you mine because i am about to buy the type S swap. (I have the Base model). The K20a3 is easy to put in and the shift linkage doesnt have to be modified becuase it is a 5spd. The K series motors are actually easier to swap than the b series. All you have to do to get them motor out is remove the 4 subframe bolts, 1 trans mount and 1 engine mount and boom its out! Let me know if you are interested

Originally posted by eternalbluersx@Dec 30 2002, 08:46 AM
well first of all dont go with a b16A. I just traded in my 00 si and bought a 2002 rsx. The rsx is much better. Plus you will not have as many miles on as rsx motor. I dont know if you are intersted in a k20a3 swap (2002 civic si motor) But I will sell you mine because i am about to buy the type S swap. (I have the Base model). The K20a3 is easy to put in and the shift linkage doesnt have to be modified becuase it is a 5spd. The K series motors are actually easier to swap than the b series. All you have to do to get them motor out is remove the 4 subframe bolts, 1 trans mount and 1 engine mount and boom its out! Let me know if you are interested

Well, the K series sits on the OPPOSITE side of the engine bay. Didn't you notice that when you opened your hood? Its not worth the money to fuck with. Get an 01 teg ls and boost it!

ok well i have an 01 civic lx
would a k20 si block combined with a k24 head hybrid also with the rsx type-s 6sp be the best motor if not, can someone please lead me in the right direction

ok well i have an 01 civic lx
would a k20 si block combined with a k24 head hybrid also with the rsx type-s 6sp be the best motor if not, can someone please lead me in the right direction
this thread is 7 years old

Back