2005 - the year of the cali

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The whole state's gonna burn down and then get hit by a tsunami.

Buy your Arizona beachfront property now!

Seriously, why do people live in California? Do they enjoy fake people, real disasters, and smog that much?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 23 2005, 12:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8321838/

more fires ALREADY. its only june.

you guys are fucked this year. lol
[post=515641]Quoted post[/post]​

this is far from a laughing matter. peapole are dying, along with millions upon millions of damage caused. there's nothing we can do to stop it from raining so much, and little we can do to prevent fires, after a winter//spring that has been so wet.

[tool]learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay[/tool]

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 24 2005, 11:21 PM
Seriously, why do people live in California? Do they enjoy fake people, real disasters, and smog that much?
[post=516269]Quoted post[/post]​

Why California?
One of the more progressive states in the union
Governmental policy that since its outset has been heavily influenced by anti-party progressives
Diversity of climate
Beautiful enviroment
Some of the best farm land in the word
Lots of Business oppurtunities
vicinity to ocean
Ethnic and cultural diversity

Theres tons of reasons to live in California. Problem is that people think that LA is california; even then most LA isn't really even like that. Visit California and view it as a whole and you'll see that california presents diversity that you would be hard pressed to match anywhere else in the country. That isn't to say that California doesn't have its problems, but regional problems are inescapable.

That said, much of California's development has been badly planned. I mean look at southern California. Massive population in a place that has practically no naturally occuring water, built on a fault line, etc.

We actually had a Tsunami 'warning' here a while back. If you folks read much, you'd understand that there are natural ridges out along the coasts of california under the water that diffuse most of that wave when it comes, so a tsunami may reach our beaches, but manifest in the form of a 2ft wave, which is hardly big enough to even tell it's a tsunami.

also, monterey is one of the BEST cities in CA to visit, or even live. I think people confuse a lot of CA stuff with socal, and norcal isn't like socal at all.

yes, we have plastic bitches. yes, we have idiot drivers. but, there are plastic bitches everywhere. and so are idiot drivers.

most of the above are in socal too. lol

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jun 27 2005, 10:50 PM

also, monterey is one of the BEST cities in CA to visit, or even live. I think people confuse a lot of CA stuff with socal, and norcal isn't like socal at all.
[post=517154]Quoted post[/post]​

thats what ive been told. my friend is doing his internship out there and im visiting him for 5 days, should be great times. never been anymore west than ohio and that was about 8 years ago.

call me and eric up... he's in monterey, and i used to live near there (spent many summers with my mom's friend) and i'd be happy to get you into all the tourist spots with a homie hook up. :)

might be kinda cool just to have a beer and a bbq on the beach or something.

Back