$50 for the answer!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that amount of tps voltage wont cause the problem...timing belt could possibly be the cause, but im shooting for the purge cutoff solenoid....rob the one from your sohc and find some place to mount it. it should still plug into your existing harness and buy a vacum "T" and split the vacum somewhere on the manifold if you dont have an extra spot for it. one line from purge goes to manifold(lower line) and the other goes to the charcoal canister... I forgot to hook this ish up on a b16 swap before and it ran like A$$

had this problem with mine, engine dealers often cant tell if the ecu is been fried when the motor is out of the vehicle.

mine had the #3 cylinder fuel injector drive out.

car ran like shit.

to test it. take your spark plug wires off the plugs 1 at a time to see if it makes a difference. if you take it off of one cylinder and it doesnt make a difference ( engine doesnt start to bog even more) then that is the case, and you need to get ahold of your engine dealer or buy an ecu, a p28, p30 or p72 would work fine. if you need further assistance email me, and i will be glad to help.

Originally posted by leonc@Jul 12 2005, 01:04 AM
Ok... so i took it into a performance shop and they messed around with the igntion timing and the idle screw. Nothing worked. Then he got a volt meter out and test the current on the TPS. IT was reading .52

He said that was high and could be the problem. He said it sould be inbetween .4 and .45 at idle.

What do you guys think? How do i adjust it?

Anyways i drove it home after the guy finished looking at it. It ran the same as before for about 5 mintues and then got significantly worse. They didn't set the timing back and the idle screw back to where it was when i took it in.
[post=524540]Quoted post[/post]​

What is your tps sensor reading at WOT? It should be around 4.4...

Are you sure you just dont have a clogged cat.? JDM motors run way richer and in turn cause fuel build up in your cat. making the honey comb stuff melt and clump together. Just a thought cause it happened to me and i thought my motor was gonna blow up.

SO, did you get it fixed yet or not? Figured you did since you havn't posted anything in a while...let us know what's up. Hope it's ok

Back