90 Si hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the only thing those intakes will do is make your car noisy. you wont get any power. but it's your $30.
I'm running with one of those and it aint any louder than my AEM was and I can't feel no diffrence.later on you can go to Kragen and get a K&N cone for 40 bucks thats $70 bucks compared to a AEM thats more than $200

I'm running with one of those and it aint any louder than my AEM was and I can't feel no diffrence.later on you can go to Kragen and get a K&N cone for 40 bucks thats $70 bucks compared to a AEM thats more than $200
i'm saying it will just make it louder than a stock air box. it wont really reap any power benefits. i would rather spend $30 on a hoody or some dvds.

I think once you remove all the stupid resonator crap before the filter just the stock intake pipe/filter is fine

alright so from what i am seeing most say that an intake will not do much but add some sound. so humm......as for red-lining i want to do that for every gear? that is not bad for the motor? and one more thing.....when i step on the gas the motor has a low and quiet but noticable noise. it sounds like the motor is accelerating, but it is not. i dont get it....and when on any hill no matter how slight it wants to slow down...slowly but noticably. i dont know it just is an odd sound. i think it is alright and all just another thing for the list....so in feb i got an offer for 2500for the car...and with the stero 2800..i am going to take it because i want an eg, or a coupe.....or even a 4-door.....but i want something newer.....or a DA or a DA2

I think I can work with you. :)

First, this is how to shift.

Economy/daily driving mode:
1st-2nd = 15mph
2nd-3rd = 25mph
3rd-4th = 35mph
4th-5th = 55mph (45mph for ultra-economy mode)

Performance mode:
:DRedline, every gear. Redline does not mean rev limiter, it means right where the red begins.:D

thats what i read....idk i figured that would kill first and second....atleast....but maby i am wrong

yeah, he wasn't referring to daily driving though. he gave you the econ mode and the performance mode. obviously red-lining every time you are in the car is not good for it. how you drive is up to you. :)

true true....i just go on the sound....it is usually the econ mode is how i drive.....so i am hella cheep and gas is $$$....even tho it is around 1.50 where i am at...i sill am cheep. i am just trying to sell a coupple heads, and get another car. want to find something in spokane area that could give me a job or something like that....

So out of everything off this thread. I have gotten that book that i was told about, i have decided that no intake for now, learn hot to heal-toe, and just drive for now. I want to thank all you who answered this for your help. so...THANKS!!

cheap upgrades would include getting some brembo blank brakes and some hawk hp pads. then maybe some good springs (not ebay generic).

they say that cars will gain 3 to 8 hp when u install a k&n intake but it will cost u around a $160 but well worth the investment . don't go to the autozone and get the cheap one ur wasting ur time just remember its not cheap to get performance measure 10 times cut once like my pops used to say lol just thought u might wanna think about that before u spend money on cheap parts

YAY it snowed...NOT. I hate snow...and to top it off my battery froze and died. It will not regain a charge. I am just having problem after problem...so i have to get a new battery now.....ya whoo

Back