90 teg issues FIXED!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When the rpm is above 1000 to 1500 it brightens up when if I pull it out of gear and rpm drops or stopping lighta dim but other then that no flicker or anything not even when bogging is happening

Well didnt get to check the alt today but I used a multimeter and was getting 14+volts although today I thought id experiment while it was bogging I sparyd some starter fluid in the intake shit fired off great so would this lead to injectors maybe stuck or dirty or just bad I can hear all of them pulse with a screw driver but that just tells me there getting power

Seems electrical. Like a bad engine harness. You've popped quite a few codes.

3 grounds and ground for engine harness is good?

What are the volt readings on the TPS? Can you tell us the readings at Closed and WOT?

Also...mechanical timing was checked with a tool inside #1 cylinder with spark plug removed (to ensure TDC on the bottom end)?

Tps is .48 closed 4.5 open and no I didnt drop anything in the cylinder everything lines up and just n fyi your going to have 2 tdc so you really need to trust your honda markings

Tps is .48 closed 4.5 open and no I didnt drop anything in the cylinder everything lines up and just n fyi your going to have 2 tdc so you really need to trust your honda markings

I meant to purposely drop a long skinny tool (like a long flat head screw driver) to know your at TDC rather than relying on the marks on the crank. I take the #1 spark plug out and gently rest the screw driver on the piston. Turn the crank and stop when screw driver is at its highest point (TDC #1) Trusting the crank marks could leave you on the wrong stroke.

Might be a wiring gremlin in the engine harness.

Have not done that technique im going to get a fuel pressure gauge so I can check that car showing signs of being lean best lead I have at the moment ive gone over the wiring 100 times its going to be something stupid causing this im sure

Injectors back they look great but didnt fix my problem car feels better but not much improvement today when I started it up my muffler is rattling on the inside could something be pluggin it up I dont have a cat

So I just started unplugging stuff to see if anything got better got to the map again guess what runs better like way better so I had an extra map try it reset ecu still boggy and what not said screw it drove it unplugged buy why would taking thr map off help the car I would think it make it run worse because ecu doesnt know how much air is coming in

When you run it with the map unplugged does it throw a code? Sounds like either the map sensor, wiring, or ecu is having problems. If the ecu is working properly it should throw a code and go into limp mode. Have you checked the wire colors to make sure the plug didn't get mixed up during the swap. Also have you checked to see if the map has a steady vacuum source?

Yes it throws code 3 for the map I bought a new ecu a while ago because I thought that was the issue. The map has good vacuum ive replaced the hoses also. As far as wiring colors im not sure ill have to get back to you on that but I know it didnt get mixed up with the tps plug there one different sides of the engine bay. I have 3 map sensors and none of them run better when plugged in.

if your on pass side theres a nipple on top of the tb and one juat to the right its on the one on the right side

can you relocate it to the IM instead of the TB? if so give that a try.

Back