91 Accord Progress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ninka hide them parts in the toolbox thats what i do. lol

I like to stay some what honest. Small parts, I'll hide them. but some of the major stuff, I'll pay for. badges, emblems, shifters, relays, and stuff, i make free

Well I'm getting this CB7 back!

Background When I painted and put a engine in my 94 civic back in January 2009. I couldn't let it go, so I gave my little brother the CB7, and ended up selling the civic anyways. The Accord still had engine problems when I gave it to my brother Zach, but he went out and scored a NICE engine for 400 bucks at a good junk yard. It runs clean and beautiful.

Now for todays story.

He's pissed about all the maintenance work that's building up on this accord. He blew out 2nd gear in the transmission and 3rd is scratching still, but not far behind. The harmonic balancer has gone out as well and making some retarded ass movements and noises. The clutch master cylinder is bad and not doing a great job. He put a dent in the passenger fender, the clear coat on the car isn't really holding up anymore.

So, he's doing what any reasonable guy would do. Trade it for a decent driver, which is what I have. He wants my 2000 Chevy Cavalier, and I want this CB7 back.

Looks like h22 transmission is on the list. I'll post pics when I pick it up.

Last edited:
What would be really great is if I can find my spare F22 transmission. I had it stored at a friends house and we haven't been around there lately. His step mom hates anything to do with cars, she considers them a waste of time and a waste of space. So what we think is she bitched his dad into cleaning and throwing things away. I think my transmission was apart of that war.

What would be really great is if I can find my spare F22 transmission. I had it stored at a friends house and we haven't been around there lately. His step mom hates anything to do with cars, she considers them a waste of time and a waste of space. So what we think is she bitched his dad into cleaning and throwing things away. I think my transmission was apart of that war.
What a bitch. She can say "Cars are a waste of time" but thats too far. What matters to her? Tell her you don't like it then start fucking shit up.

Sorry....kinda ranting. :ph34r: But a perfectly good F22 trans gone!

As far as I researched, H22 transmissions have shorter gears which are alot sportier.

i would say do an F2D but idk if that would be a good setup for a DD plus that would be a lot more $$$$ than an H tranny

normally i am not into CB7's but i'd def. rock yours good job man :thumbsup:

i would say do an F2D but idk if that would be a good setup for a DD plus that would be a lot more $$$$ than an H tranny

normally i am not into CB7's but i'd def. rock yours good job man :thumbsup:

F2D? Why? It's an Accord. You can't put a D-series transmission into it. F2D is for Civics...

yeah h-trans are much sportier (fun), and you can get them with a factory lsd. I don't believe the f series came with lsd.

:doh: didnt think about that

housefacepalm.jpg

I think I'm going to change up the color on it as well. Plus my very nice bmw projector find that I caught in a junk yard. Looks like their not going to be sitting in storage much longer.

Reference.
Went to another you pull today. Found some projectors in a BMW and got them for 5.00 per. Also got a fender and door hings for the cavalier too.

Since I plan to sell the cavalier for a decent flip price and pick up another CB7, I want to retrofit the projectors in some headlights like in this link.

MYCB7.COM :: View topic - My JDM Headlight HID Retrofit

Check out the projectors. One was missing the bulb but the other was still in but.. its blown. it has "15k" on it as well.. factory hid's?

SANY1715.jpg

SANY1716.jpg

SANY1717.jpg

So while my brother owned the car, he had put a stock suspension back in it because he didn't want to buy a camber kit to help save tires. So yesterday I finished putting in a set of Ground Control adjustable struts and springs.

I haven't really adjusted them because I like the way it looks but last night I realized its stupid low when I took out one of those yellow reflectors in the middle of the road. At first I though shit was falling off the car because the bumper is slap tore the fuck up. (brother decided one day he was going to be a super body modifier while drunk, took out a fender with a mail box post while backing up one night and rip the bumper up)

I've been forgetting about this thread lately. Like I mentioned before the chassis is in need of some serious attention. Of course tax season is in effect and with the new baby and being married, I got a nice return. My lovely wife understands how much I hate the way this suspension is and the noise and problems its been giving me. So I treated the car to some nice parts, here's the list and prices.

SPC Adjustable Ball-joint cambers. - 50.00
Skunk2 Sport Shock struts - 300.00 - shipped
Megan Racing Springs ( 2. F, 1.75 R) -157.00 - shipped
Energy Suspension Master Bushing Set - 102.00 - shipped

Also I bought a shop press with a 20 ton jack on it for exactly the price of 100.00.

I'll have to do my best to remind myself to load more pics when I have a chance. I've been so busy lately though.

173072_202157236465761_100000144592900_803310_5979745_o.jpg

= Future Plans =

F22b dohc engine swap - 650.00 + plus tax
H22 Trans - $$ no idea.
Either keep the 90-91 bumpers with a 92-93 trunk lid, OR update everything on the body to a 92-93 look. I haven't decided, but either way it'll get a legend lip.

90 Jdm Accord

I managed to find this for sell. Pretty much it has all my body needs, or just make the switch over to this.

Back