93 Integra vtec help ticking sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Import420

I have a 93 Integra with a dohc vtec when i revit up or driving and put it in gear and go at a low rpm and floor it while stiil low rpm it makes a loud ticking or knocking sound especially when i use reg unleaded gas. But when i use super unleaded gas you can barley hear it but its still there. So I inspected under the car only found a plug that wasn't pleged in and tryed to find a plug for it but couldn't find any around. What is this plug? it's located under the altinatior on the block behind the bottom pully. Can this be the problem?

Attachments

• Picture 116.jpg
    Picture 116.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 433
  • Picture 119.jpg
    Picture 119.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 288
Try to get a closer look at the plug. Thats probably not the problem but just incase look at the plug and see if there are any grooves in it. You should be able to see distinct lines in the dirt/grime if it was ever plugged in. Also look inside of it. It there is a bunch of dirt and grime all over it it was probably never plugged in. Does the car have AC and power steering? Those components are usually in that area.

it's has power steer and ac ac don't work cause the belt isn't connected so but i can't find the plug that would plug into it.

your valves are probably tapping, take it to the garage and get your valves adjusted

that plug is the crank sensor used on obd2 cars your noise could be a lot of things i.e. cam timing ,ignition timing needs, a tune up or who ever did your swap wired it wrong

Back