b18a1 civic swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dual i was just having the convo b4 i read ur post about getting a new ecu and jus rewiring and all that the car, i grew up on chevys.. very few imports however i know i need to learn a lot about honda's but im gettin into it, i can tell when someone did somethin they wernt sure about and thats this, when i got it it was part of a trade that was pretty fair i knew id need to put a lil work into this but not as much as it needs, but im ok with that, anyways thats the plan basically starting it over, and with some help and a shit load of searching and reading im not to worried about it, thanks to all for the help and getting me pointed in the right directions

^ I can relate. I grew up on Chevy's too and a Ford or two. Add to that mini-bikes, dirt bikes, racing go-karts and hanging around with a little pit crew duty on some drag boats.

It's a learning curve for sure. I can rebuild a quadra-jet, but had to learn the Honda from the ground up. I've had mine almost 10 years now and have gone through the chassis with poly bushings and really a total rebuild, brakes, bearings, seals, hubs, struts, lines, and so on. Then, last year the engine. Did a swap job, from OBD0 to OBD1, new ECU, wiring changes and such. Tweaked a lot of stuff on it: Exhaust, compression ratio, custom ECU map (did the socket & chip job), different fuel injectors, stage 1 clutch kit, adjustable cam pulleys and so on. The latest tweak will be the new injectors, and to push the compression up another click, plus an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

There's more than a couple of members on HS that have lots of experience in general and tons of Honda experience - much more than I do. Between that, the forums and online tech data available, you can find your way through it.

The Honda's are pretty simple once you get through it all.

(That wiring at the injectors is all I need to see to know the skill level of the mechanic - entry level at best. Or someone that knows better and did a quick hack job to dump the vehicle)

Last edited:
so i finally got my new p75 and my new dizzy put em in, redid the vaccum lines...and it still sucks... starts up then wants to die if im not giving it gas, when it dies out it almost sounds like its trying to suck air threw the cold air but cant n dies out idk...now im getting cel codes 3-map sensor, 6 ect sensor, 9cyp( this is a brand new dizzy im running, so idk bout this) 14- iac and finally 16 which just says fuel injector...fml any advide/ help pointers....

Advise from me? Well....I'd approach each code until it disappears. MAP is definitely on my top list of priorities.

What dizzy did you buy? 94-95 B18B1 OBD1 is the correct one.

You can try to clean the IACV with carb cleaner....soak it for a few hours. You'll see if its gunked up and dirty.

im cleaning the fitv and iac as im typing this, the dizzy is the correct one well the one you say it should be so correct as we know...the map i figured ill just order a new one, im searching for wireing diagrams or pics to double check my vac's and something so i can go through the injector wiring but im not havin much luck finding useful pics and such

Get the distributor code cleared up. Then, take it from there.

Last edited:
so after cleaning the fitv and iac and reconecting and injector wire that "fell out" of its place...and a wire on the dizzy plug that also was unhooked im down to codes 14 and a code 6....a little better than this morning, i actually have it running now still seams kinda choppy and like it wants to die out but then continues running havent driven it yet though... still want to make sure its right b4 I test it out on the road

IAC and Engine temperature sensor codes. The temperature sensor may be the problem and not wiring there. If the sensor is old, they aren't that expensive, probably just worth changing it.

Getting close now. ;)

ok ill get at that stuff in the a.m and we'll see how it goes from there fingers crossed lmao thanks for the advise so far im sure ill be back 2marro hopefully with good news

Check wiring on IACV. Was the valve dirt when you began cleaning it? Is it pretty clean now?

Does it idle fine at cold start up? (high idle around 1800-2200 rpm)

Back