Aftermaket Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

The latest honda tuning issue has a feture of a dart block build up. Dart blocks have already been discussed here, but i was wondering the drawbacks to dart engines. They got a closed deck design made out of aircraft qualiy aluminum among many other race-conscience modifications. There made in b18 and b20 styles and are around 2G . Does anyone know of someone with a Dart Engine? Cause it seems like a great way to go, I just want more info....

The closed deck design is going to be a lot stronger, the only drawback (besides $$$) is that it is going to be heavier.

Kirk

The closed deck design is going to be a lot stronger

yeah, aint that the shit?!?
a b20 that'll handle 20 psi sounds good to me.
It certainly seems like a high performing peice of machinery.
Does ne1 know if dart will bore their engines before shipping?
how 'bout hi/low compression pistons?
The main question I have though, is if they will relocate the dowel holes for VTEC without drilling out the stock location.

well i finally find the website, they dont list prices though. Apparently you have to buy them through an authorized dealer. You'd think they would have a locator. Check out the site, its somewhat informative as to the upgrades they've made to the blocks.
http://www.dartheads.com/blhonda.htm

ive seen one of these in person and they look bad ASS. tom payn was part designer in this thing... and is everyone sure about this weight issue?? i thought they were lighter because they cut out certain pieces that were not needed

Back