Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we shall discuss this in my new thread for this crx. for time being I shall respect Andrew's thread and keep my stuff out of it.

Andrew: I'm sure you won't have a problem checking in on the crx's progress from time to time. :)

This is all still very sad to me :( Least I get to drive her one last time before we pull the engine.. Which I assume will be Thursday.

Ha. I'm gonna put a couple shrimp somewhere in it :p

No worries man. I'd never do that.
In school though, this guy did put some guts of some random animal (think possum) under this other guys hood (he was pissed at em) all over the engine and in the cowl.

Needless to say, it wasn't nice, as it was winter time and cold so whenever dude turned on the heat it was rancid.

:p

don't worry about waxing it.....just wash it. :lol:

let me know when you guys decide to take the motor out. I'll do my best to head out and help.

As far as I know, were doin it Thursday afternoon. Shouldn't take but an hour or so and you should be ready to pick it up.

Ugh, sorry Abel, I'm leaving early friday morning for a 2 day ASL convention in Tampa. We can't do it Thursaday. We're working that thursday to make up for missing Sunday.

I will let both of you two know when I plan to do it!

Alas... A sad post.

0923101318a.jpg

The last picture with Andrew and his CRX in running form.
0923101319a.jpg

t3h bay.
0923101401a.jpg

0923101402a.jpg

0923101402b.jpg

:S
0923101403a.jpg

0923101424a.jpg

0923101428a.jpg

0923101455a.jpg

Boooo.
0923101430a.jpg

Literally, this is what we used to pull the engine.
0923101432a.jpg

So, thats that...

Took 1hr 30 mins to pull the engine. Thats including getting it up on jacks to pushing it out in the yard.

:]

Finally got it home and of course i left Andrew's a few hours ago to finalize everything.
I'm happy and excited for the long road ahead.

Thanks alot Andrew and can only hope to be able to make a thread as epic as this.:D

So it's gone. I dunno why I am so attached to that car. <sighs> I guess its time for Andrew to close the thread?

Yeah, IBTL.

Good times in that lil car. Just remember, hit me up whenever you wanna change wheels. I may be able to take em off your hands.

Yeah, IBTL.

Good times in that lil car. Just remember, hit me up whenever you wanna change wheels. I may be able to take em off your hands.

If i can find a good deal on some nice colored ones I'll sell them.
the ones Andrew has before looked pretty good to me.

I think they were drag or Gt3's or something. either way i think the repolish makes them much better.

Back