Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmmm. .. maybe i should get me one.. put in it my Yota..

hey to the op, atleast your whole swap experience hasnt been like mine. heres the cliff notes of my cars life since last december:

bought car stock in december of 2006
got my first speeding ticket februrary of 2007 in it
ran 1st-4th gear reving out to 8000rpm on a b16b ecu (dumbest decision of my life) in july of 2007
bought ls/vtec swap off a friend for $2500 installed by him (another dumb choice) in august of 2007
clutch blew up in december of 2007
after 5 weeks of downtime i find out it wont start because i put the dizzy in 180 off, which jammed the intake cam and made the timing belt slip on the intake cam gear, cam ended up almost 180 degrees off (not shitting you) and bent some valves.
handed it into a local shop to replace the hacked up harness and replace the 450cc injectors with stock ones (recent).
got it back and paid the bullshit $800 bill
took car up to a friends shop yesterday who was going to replace the bent valve(s).
got word last night that he got the head off and found it had 2 bent intake valves (expected) and has had a blown head gasket for a long time.
the previous owner ran a gt35r on 12psi on this 11:1 ls/vtec motor so that probably has alot to do with the headgasket and other problems i had with the car (and why i got it so cheap).

now its time to sell the car, i had fun for a summer with it even though it wasnt fixed up and didnt see anywher near its full potential, still needs a tune (running on a basemap with hondata) and its on stock header and exhaust. Im going to miss it alot but i just turned 17 and i cant be putting all of my money into a car, i have to finish high school and go off to college.

best of luck with your crx and keep us updated :driver:

best of luck with your crx and keep us updated :driver:

Likewise. Thanks for the post. it's only money. You can always make more of it. Don't feel too bad.

Terrance, it was $40, then $10 for the antenna. Mine just died on my yesterday though! I'm gonna take it back and exchange it for the other one they have there. If that one breaks I'll just return it for my money back.
The antenna is about 2' tall, magnetic base, fine wire type. It doesnt look too dorky. emphasis on "too". :p

As far as my car is concerned, I've got to change the oil feed line to my gauge, it broke the other day. Luckily it happened while I was working my alternator, so I didn't spew oil everywhere. However, after I got my alternator on I decided to check and make sure everything was working fine, so I go and start it up. after a second my buddy starts screaming, "SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT OFF!!!" ... freshly changed Full-Synthetic $5.88/qt. 'Q' motor oil all over my firewall....

so I got that cleaned up, now I'm gonna fix that line and set my car down and see how it runs with the new oil/filter. I'm hoping it was the old oil that was making it have 15-20psi of pressure at warm idle. I've got some good 10w30 in it with a K&N filter, so it should go up a little bit.

Get a pic of the antennae and install :p

So you know, Dad and Tracy are going to the track tomorrow. Tracy's wants to come back with some 9 sec timeslips and I'm gonna go to get video's and whatnot.

And the 4 link for the ranger is almost done... They just have to button everything up. It should be driving again this weekend :)

And dad got a new semi high rise intake manifold for the ranger as well.. Which means that the old 351 has an IM now... and only needs a new crank and heads to be complete :eek:

Dad's pushin bigtime for me to either get another ranger or mustang. He's confident it would go 11's either way I went, NA.

Do it up, bro!

I don't have any pics of it, and I didn't actually "install" it, I've just been using it on the passenger seat for now. I didn't want to screw into my dash or anything... but I'll grab a pic of the antenna today.

i just noticed that everything you do goes in this thread. motor swap related or not. mehh it was just a thought in my mind.:lol:

watch out for ol' rusty nail. :lol:

By the way my god i cant say enough how much free time you have on your hands to this kind of stuff to the poor crx. man you have now officially geeked it up. Especially if you have a 100ft antenna sticking out. same with my bro inlaws RSX. he also has a cb in there.

call him up. he's under KG4-CJ7

Free time? haha! I leave before 7am and don't get home with enough time to do any work until after 9:30pm almost all week long..
Plus I work on Saturday, but after that I practice with the band till after 10:00. Sunday is pretty much my only day to do stuff, but even that seems to get scrunched between church and friends.

I've been neglecting my rex a lot lately... The CB is hooked up in the Van right now, and I don't have the antenna out unless I don't get good signal. I just have it setup Inside the car ;)

The CB is hooked up in the Van right now, and I don't have the antenna out unless I don't get good signal. I just have it setup Inside the car ;)
Still trying to act cool in the Mini Van? <laughs>

I'll be in Tally Friday BTW: Picking up and Xbox w/7 . Gonna softmod it and see how much I can turn it around for ;)

Just to bump your thread Andrew... I know you won't mind ;)
Before:
DSCN4102.jpg

After:
100_0919.jpg

:eek:ph34r:

No, it's no photoshopped.

Last edited:
mmmmmmmmmmm!!! is it driving yet?!

It's be so wet and cold I haven't done much of anything to me ride lately.
Coming up pretty soon will be a rebuild, so that'll entertain some more pics and discussion.

Hey! you need any help let me know. and Big Boy Racing is like half a mile from where you live. they're cool people to hang with. and can help you on the rebuild.

Thanks Jose.
I've got a few options/people to take questions to if I need it, but a straight rebuild is no problem.

Alright guys, back from the dead!! Sorry for the lack of progress lately. I've been driving the car almost every day now, and have put about 400 miles on itHeres a few things I did today.

Degreased the hood:
DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

Cleaned up my hood latch:
DSCN0143.jpg

Out with the old, In with the NEW
DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

How she's sitting ATM.
DSCN0147.jpg

Decided I'd spend a little time cleaning up the D. Starting with the Valve Cover.
Eww...
DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

Hmm... What color this time??
DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

This motor is so fresh. I've got to use it in something!!
DSCN0154.jpg

Still here, Still screwin around. I'll have a couple more of my project cars up here (at my house) this weekend so theres going to be plenty of updates coming soon.
-Andrew

PM me an offer. I've invested around 3500 into it. and it has 6,000 miles on it.

Hi!

I'm new here.
I have a 1.5 Civic with D15B2 engine from '91.
Something trouble happend with the engine and I want to dismantle it, but without assembly drawings or maintenace manual I don't want to start it.
Can you just help for me with some drawings or manuals, please?

Thank you in advance!
nyalóka

Hi!

I'm new here.
I have a 1.5 Civic with D15B2 engine from '91.
Something trouble happend with the engine and I want to dismantle it, but without assembly drawings or maintenace manual I don't want to start it.
Can you just help for me with some drawings or manuals, please?

Thank you in advance!
nyalóka
Just start unbolting shit.
Draw pictures as you go.
Then start your own thread, we'll tell you how to put it back together and also how terrible you are at drawing.

Back