android 2.2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well rooted. If you know what youre doing its the way to go on a droid. Other than maybe the nexus, its the most supported in the dev community

Are you connected to wifi invisable? If so try turning it off and updating using just your cell signal. I can't update my Evo Shift over wifi maybe you have the same thing?

I'm not sure if I actually want or need to root my Shift. My Palm Pre was patched and hacked to hell and back but that was more out of neccisity than want.

what's the benefit or rooting or cracking a droid?
i don't know what i am doing, and really just use it as a phone and to read the news, and the gps although the last few times i used the gps it had me driving past my destination to turn around on a side street and come back, fucking weirdest shit ever

if you're not an uber nerd, its a waste of time and reliability to be 'cutting edge'. it's not like the iphone where you absically HAVE to do it to do anything.

if done right, better performance, battery life, data loss prevention, customizability, and nice extra features(depending on the rom), you can also delete ANY app you dont want, and of course free wireless and wired tether.

and if your on a more common android phone then you dont lose much reliability unless you go with release candidates or first versions, and if Cyanogen has a rom for your phone i think its worth it

Got the 2.2 last night. It's a 10000s time better than 2.1 Much faster.

I'm assuming this is the update I got the other day. I like the newer layout. Don't notice much a difference in speed though. Then again, I thought it was fast enough the whole time.

i flashed my GFs HTC Hero to 2.3.3 last night. Sprint/HTC stopped the android releases at 2.1 so i had to root it.

2.3.3 isnt as "pretty" as the 2.1 or 2.2 but i think its just because the SenseUI isnt on there. im thinking about downgrading to 2.2 to go back to Sense on it, but its up to my gf, and how she likes it. it is much faster with 2.3 though vs 2.1. her phone had lots of problems before (lockups, lagging, sluggish), and it seems many people had issues with 2.1 on the Hero.

well, now that i have 2.2, i can no longer send mms messages.
fucking annoying.

i set the apn settings just like i had to last time, and still nothing works.
anybody else have any suggestions?

well, just did a reset, and redid the apn settings, still no luck.

going to bed. will fight more with it in the morning.

well, i cant figure it out.

tried different apn settings and still nothing,
may end up rooting the damn thing

Try another SMS app to see if that addresses it. or try a factory reset and update again. Don't forget to back all your stuff up though

got it.

i did the factory reset and whatnot last night.

but, i had to go into the apn settings and delete the Takila or whatever apn was default settings. and then create a new one.

the problem i was having was just creating a new apn without deleting that one that was already there. everything i was finding online just said to create a new one, not delete the old one.

so, it works now.

Back