Another Political Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't see the war reciprocating the cost,just don't see it.In all it isn't the most popular action,either the protesters or the people who think it should have been dealt with back then,and not be an issue now.His retrofitted policies have proven flaccid in the bedroom,And I don't see how people think it is going to work this time around.Really we never stick with one figurehead long enough to effect change,those that have made the eight,left a deteriorating state of affairs for their following administations to attach their face and plan,so it never really picks up to the point that the lowest members of society feel it.Of course the counter to that is look what happens when you leave one train of thought in power,history has proven that,that doesn't go over well either,so what now?

each side seesaws and hopefully we remain in the moderate middle where everyone is unhappy but the system basically works. I can't agree with you on the war issue though. We thought it was best to leave unfinished buisness alone before, and it resulted in WW2. Probably best to take out Iraq before they become the 104th country to conquer France.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Feb 1 2003, 11:42 AM
Sorry wasn't trying to insult anyone, just wanted to drive my point home. I get angry when people take what any politian says at face value, maybe I overeacted.

And Dubb isn't about wheels it's a reference to my middle name..

This is my point exactly. I do not take what any politician says at face value. I drive from personal experience. I have seen zero benifit from these tax cuts. I have seen zero improvment in the economy from the tax cuts made two years ago. Jobs are still hard to find. Unemployment is still up, consumer spending is still down, the stock market is still unstable and falling. I don't call any of those improvements.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 1 2003, 02:08 PM
I don't see the war reciprocating the cost,just don't see it.In all it isn't the most popular action,either the protesters or the people who think it should have been dealt with back then,and not be an issue now.His retrofitted policies have proven flaccid in the bedroom,And I don't see how people think it is going to work this time around.Really we never stick with one figurehead long enough to effect change,those that have made the eight,left a deteriorating state of affairs for their following administations to attach their face and plan,so it never really picks up to the point that the lowest members of society feel it.Of course the counter to that is look what happens when you leave one train of thought in power,history has proven that,that doesn't go over well either,so what now?

That is the best question anyone could ask and the hardest one to answer. I think that Democracy is the way to go, but in our current system the average person feels (and is) so out of touch with the way the government runs and the descisions it makes that we aren't a Democracy anymore. I think that the best thing we can do that avoids violent revolution is to introduce a third party into the system. A party that hasn't been bought by big business or foriegn interests.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Feb 1 2003, 04:14 PM
Probably best to take out Iraq before they become the 104th country to conquer France.

conquer France?! another lame-ass WW2 reference... :angry:

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre+Feb 1 2003, 10:52 PM-->
Probably best to take out Iraq before they become the 104th country to conquer France.

Wenn wir nicht eingegriffen hatten, würden Sie alle Deutsches im Augenblick sprechen.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 1 2003
a third party into the system. A party that hasn't been bought by big business or foriegn interests.

The problem is if that group were to become a force,those entities are going to get into it.

silverchild79
@Feb 1 2003
I can't agree with you on the war issue though. We thought it was best to leave unfinished buisness alone before,

I am one that thinks it should have been solved back ten years.I know that wasn't the mission,but thinking about the state of the region and the past history,what did anyone think was going to happen?

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 2 2003, 01:19 AM-->
Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Feb 1 2003, 10:52 PM

Wenn wir nicht eingegriffen hatten, würden Sie alle Deutsches im Augenblick sprechen.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 1 2003
a third party into the system. A party that hasn't been bought by big business or foriegn interests.

The problem is if that group were to become a force,those entities are going to get into it.

silverchild79
@Feb 1 2003
I can't agree with you on the war issue though. We thought it was best to leave unfinished buisness alone before,

I am one that thinks it should have been solved back ten years.I know that wasn't the mission,but thinking about the state of the region and the past history,what did anyone think was going to happen?

it was supposed to be solved 10 yrs ago, but it's to late for that. So we have to handle it now..

Was ist los???

Nichts ist los,wie geht es Ihnen?

d00gaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

d00000gaaaaaaaaa d00000hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

politics suck

more corrupotion in that shit than ummmm i dont know, stuff

Wenn wir nicht eingegriffen hatten, würden Sie alle Deutsches im Augenblick sprechen. ?

I'm not even going to argue that dumbass comment...

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Feb 2 2003, 06:39 PM
Wenn wir nicht eingegriffen hatten, würden Sie alle Deutsches im Augenblick sprechen. ?

What's your point?Do you have one?I doubt it.And yes if we had not intervened,chances are most of the world would be speaking German.From your screen name sounds like you may be french and just because they suck at everything and had to have there country given back to them by the US don't jump in my ass.By the way Mr. octopus I have been there a few times so I'm not saying a don't like it because I've read about it,but because I have experianced it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 2 2003, 01:07 PM-->
La_Pieuvre
@Feb 2 2003, 06:39 PM

What's your point?Do you have one?I doubt it.And yes if we had not intervened,chances are most of the world would be speaking German.From your screen name sounds like you may be french and just because they suck at everything and had to have there country given back to them by the US don't jump in my ass.

yeah now leave us alone or our website will invade your country.... :p

J/K

It's just that it pisses me off when ppl say that shit about us speaking german had it not been for the U.S. , always the same old shit... probably true though, but that is kind of normal when a country waits until the last possible minute to finally intervene and then take all the credit. Oh well, it's just annoying to hear that France never accomplished anything (need I remind you of Napoléon), but anyway that's because I'm French and you probably would like it either if someone were dissing the U.S.

I've been living in the U.S for the last 10 years and I do love both countries but it's still annoying...

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Feb 2 2003, 02:33 PM
It's just that it pisses me off when ppl say that shit about us speaking german had it not been for the U.S. , always the same old shit... probably true though, but that is kind of normal when a country waits until the last possible minute to finally intervene and then take all the credit. Oh well, it's just annoying to hear that France never accomplished anything (need I remind you of Napoléon), but anyway that's because I'm French and you probably would like it either if someone were dissing the U.S.

I've been living in the U.S for the last 10 years and I do love both countries but it's still annoying...

I never said France never did anything, I lived in europe for two years and I loved it. They did lose their country in 7 days to the germans though....

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Feb 2 2003, 02:41 PM-->
La_Pieuvre
@Feb 2 2003, 02:33 PM

I never said France never did anything, I lived in europe for two years and I loved it. They did lose their country in 7 days to the germans though....

As did most countries that faced the Blitzkrieg...

True, we blame it on the idiots who designed the Maginot line, though :p ...who would have thought that the Germans would come around it? and who ever thought of making fixed cannons that couldn't shoot in every direction??

but a few mistakes during WWII after over two thousand years of history and empires isn't THAT bad...

France in WW2 was the funniest thing.

All I can say is ... They had cement trenches. Their trenches were on the verge of being high tech.... Then Germany rocked the hell out of the French (again^100). :blink:

*Sad truth.*

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre+Feb 2 2003, 08:46 PM-->
but a few mistakes during WWII after over two thousand years of history and empires isn't THAT bad...
We're not saying it is,there are those of us on this board that like these discussions (pissedoffsol isn't one of them :p ) and when you come into one with no kind of input except:

La_Pieuvre Posted on Feb 2 2003
@ 06:39 PM

What do you think peoples reactions are going to be?Like I said I've been there a few times and I didn't have a lot of fun,there is a lot of history and beautiful things to see,but overall it isn't my thing.And yes the US is responsible for winning WWII.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 2 2003, 03:01 PM-->
Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Feb 2 2003, 08:46 PM

We're not saying it is,there are those of us on this board that like these discussions (pissedoffsol isn't one of them :p ) and when you come into one with no kind of input except:

La_Pieuvre Posted on Feb 2 2003
@ 06:39 PM

What do you think peoples reactions are going to be?Like I said I've been there a few times and I didn't have a lot of fun,there is a lot of history and beautiful things to see,but overall it isn't my thing.And yes the US is responsible for winning WWII.

I said that because like I explained above, I've had this conversation a thousand times...didn't mean to be disrespectful by it, it's just the first thing I thought of...

as for pissedoffsol, lol...I can't even imagine his input if he posts in this thread...ought to be funny :D

Back