another fitness thread....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's a pretty basic routine. It's full body, twice per week (Monday and Thursday). I have exercises that work every major muscle group. Some of them have a little bit of overlap. I mostly do 3 sets of 10 on each, with about 30 seconds rest in between.

I haven't maxed in forever, so I can't really tell you percentage of max, but I'd call it a medium amount of weight. It's enough to where the last few reps are challenging...
That type of lifting is called "Endurance". Higher reps, generally lower weights, short breaks, and an aim to make your last set to exhaustion. Personally, I LOVE lifting that way. I usually do 3 sets of 15 though. I always feel I get the best work-out. It really is like you're getting cardio while you lift. Plus, it generally doesn't keep me in the gym very long.

It's hard to get good fish. The waters are so full of crap. And mercury. Farm raised is even worse. And now there's GMO salmon floating around. wtf.

Beans are inflamatory, yup. Hell, they are poison if not preparred properly.
Off the Contrary: Science Fact - The Dangers of Kidney Beans

So, yeah, they aren't the best things for you. But they do have a ton of good fiber, folate, and proteins in them that are hard to get by other means.

As for eating organic....
it's not about getting more vitamins or that it's better food in that sence...

it's that it hasn't been doused in pesticides and other poisonous chemicals... stuff that even a thourough wash doesn't get off.

Stuff thats in a shell of some sort i'm less spicky about. say, sweet potatoes, bananas, oranges, etc ... I peel them. But spinach and other greens, mushrooms, where it is directly exposed to the sprays, I try to avoid conventional foods. and of course, there's always the soil itself that feeds the plants, and it does effect the food. Maybe not in terms of nutrient content, but in terms of chemical intake.

It's hard to get good fish. The waters are so full of crap. And mercury. Farm raised is even worse. And now there's GMO salmon floating around. wtf.

Beans are inflamatory, yup. Hell, they are poison if not preparred properly.
Off the Contrary: Science Fact - The Dangers of Kidney Beans

So, yeah, they aren't the best things for you. But they do have a ton of good fiber, folate, and proteins in them that are hard to get by other means.

If you don't eat fish, than try to take in 6000mg/day of high quality fish oil.

I have this on a Subscribe & Save subscription from Amazon. Super high EPA/DHA ratio without the downside of pollutants. There's also some other expensive nordic fish oils you can use.

*Nightshades, aka peppers, also fall into the inflammatory food category along with dairy. Our bodies just weren't developed to handle what an agriculture based society has now created.

it's that it hasn't been doused in pesticides and other poisonous chemicals... stuff that even a thourough wash doesn't get off.

Stuff thats in a shell of some sort i'm less spicky about. say, sweet potatoes, bananas, oranges, etc ... I peel them. But spinach and other greens, mushrooms, where it is directly exposed to the sprays, I try to avoid conventional foods. and of course, there's always the soil itself that feeds the plants, and it does effect the food. Maybe not in terms of nutrient content, but in terms of chemical intake.

You're hitting the nail on the head, but there's some discrepancies. This would be a pretty circular argument but basically from the studies I've read, if the product is not porous, than there's virtually no benefits from a reduction in pesticides. Spinach and other items can be washed off. Blueberries and strawberries... that's a different story.

This thread died quickly. LIKE YOUR LIFE'S HOPES AND DREAMS.

Happy New Years Resolution thread.

It doesn't really matter at thsi point anyway. They way people keep running shit, either Civil War II or WWIII is around the corner..... might as well enjoy life and eat twinkies now while you still can.
oh, wait, you can't....

This thread died quickly. LIKE YOUR LIFE'S HOPES AND DREAMS.

Happy New Years Resolution thread.

Too busy working out to post about it. ahaha.

In reality, just getting my feet wet in a normal routine. Year end and the holidays really take it out of me. Been going great though so far. Significant strength gains with the 3 weeks I basically had off.

My gym is closed until feb (long story....) so i've been slacking the past month or so. I'll get back on the wagon again in a couple weeks.

Turning over a new leaf in my routine. I am going to try some more cardio intensive workouts. I do cardio twice a week usually, but it is completely separate from my weight lifting.

Diet-wise I throw together a bowl of 2,200 kcals per day (brown rice, fresh veggies, and some sort of meat - usually chicken breast) and eat off of that for the entire day. I must say that eating smaller portions keeps me feeling better, I hated feeling bogged down and bloated after stuffing my face with ~500-700 calories 3 times a day. I have also divided up my protein shakes into two one scoop servings - two scoops at once makes me feel like shit.

I really don't understand peoples' excuses for not eating better. It really is the easiest and most productive change I have ever made in my life.

Last edited:
I feel great when I eat right. But I also have a sweet tooth and love Andy Capp's Hot Fries. I have really curbed my boredom eating though. I also only allow myself to cheat once or twice a week. And I usually make them small cheats, if that makes sense.

I feel great when I eat right. But I also have a sweet tooth and love Andy Capp's Hot Fries. I have really curbed my boredom eating though. I also only allow myself to cheat once or twice a week. And I usually make them small cheats, if that makes sense.
I know what you mean, and it is good to do that. A cheat keeps me from gorging and falling off of the wagon completely.

yeah, i've done a couple hikes and stuff and i always park far away at work and take the stairs instead of the elevator and such so i get a bit of movement in through the day.

yeah, i've done a couple hikes and stuff and i always park far away at work and take the stairs instead of the elevator and such so i get a bit of movement in through the day.

You're going to regret not being at the gym. A month is a long time. Get a membership somewhere else for a month and then go back to the old gym. It's too important to not go and it's a slippery slope once you stop. You've been here before with both smoking and working out.

I haven't smoked in nearly 3 years now... not even a drag. i'm well beyond that. never going back to it.

as for the gym, min is supposed to re-open feb 1st, so it's only 2 more weeks. Frankly, tis been nice having the time off and a full reocvery in. Plus, all the hububb of the holidays and what not.... doens't leave much time.

Plus, gyms are full of ny reoslution retards this time of year. lol another week or so it willl empty out.

Plus, gyms are full of ny reoslution retards this time of year. lol another week or so it willl empty out.
That's why I'm putting off my return to mine. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Back