anyone here ride dirtbikes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90crxb18

any of you guys ride dirtbikes? if you do what kinda bike do you have and where do you usually ride??

me. i ride an 05 suzuki RMZ450, i live in southern cali and i ride at the lake elsinore motocross park probably 2-3 times a month, i trail ride most of the time im not at the track.

I got a yz125 and I love it. One of the only reasons why I like living in bumfuck, cause I get to ride my Z wherever I want. Theres multiple trails around, but i've been doing it for so long i've been starting to look for stadium jumps and shit. I love it.

quads all the way, but thats only becasue i love the dunes. i am currently kinda looking for a Honda 250R quad. my friend picked one up a couple months ago for a grand, with a CR500 eninge swap, lol. that shit stays even with my friends built '03 Banshee that he has like $7k in. Gotta love Hondas.

i guess i'd get a dirtbike if i lived somewhere where i could ride it all the time, but since i will be towing it to the desert, might as well have the quad

Yeah, I don't know a lot about them yet, but I would like to get one of the more "freestyle" quads. Not that I plan on doing backflips and shit, but I would love to jump that beast.

Maybe in a couple years I'll try to find something like this, used.
HondaTRX250EX_3699.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
that a 250R?

ive got a suzuki 230 quadsport, circa 87 :)
umm, no. 250r's haven't been made since the early 90's. thats a TRX. yea i know a couple people witht he TRX450 or 400, whatever it is, and they say its not all that great. as for newer quads, i'm kinda partial to Yamaha. you got the Banshee, which is a twin cylinder 350cc, you got the YZF450, which is a 4 stroke and is fast. i got a friend who bought his yzf450 from Alba with every option, came out to a little over $12k, but that shit is sweet. Yamaha i thinkk just has a lot of different bikes to suit whatever riding style you have.

i have been riding quads in the glamis dunes for the past 6 years or so now...i always wondered how the guys on dirtbikes can do it, i always thought "why the fuck would you ride a dirtbike in the dunes?" i recently tried out my 450 in the dunes, let me say this.

i dont see my self ever riding a quad again!...dunes or not!
it was 100% better than riding my buddys YFZ450.

Quoted post[/post]]
Sandrails > * kthxbye
ehh, the higher end rails are nice, but the basic VW powered ones aren't really all that. i see em get stuck hitting big ass hills all the time.

Quoted post[/post]]
i have been riding quads in the glamis dunes for the past 6 years or so now...i always wondered how the guys on dirtbikes can do it, i always thought "why the fuck would you ride a dirtbike in the dunes?" i recently tried out my 450 in the dunes, let me say this.

i done see my self ever riding a quad again!...dunes or not!
it was 100% better than riding my buddys YFZ450.
i guess it depends what you are into. for new years we were there at Gordon's right off the 8 where the main hill is. everyone i go with is into racing up the hills.

The picture I posted was a TRX250. I just did a quick search and found a picture that showed a sport quad, versus a utility one. One of these days I'll see if I can pick one up for cheap.

Quoted post[/post]]
the xr50 is so much fun :p
You're way too big for a 50 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a 1981 YZ465, fast as fook in a straight line. Big bore two stroke is the shit. Third gear wheelie start and top speed around 100mph normally geared.

1997 Polaris Scramber 500. Four stroke 4x4 quad. Fun for trails and doughnuts. I like it a lot better for longer riding and comfort. Top speed 59 mph, one gear, go.

Back