Anyone up for another So Cal HS meet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, well I bought it a little over a week ago and I've been trying to figure out why there was smoke comming out under heavy acceleration. Changed my plugs and on one plug there was ALOT of oil. Still haven't done a compression test, but when I remove my oil fill cap with the motor running I get MAD blow-by. I'm 99% sure it's a bad ring. I drove it to work today but I need to fix it soon. Jon (integraslut78) is actually going to sell me the CTR pistons from hybrid89, and notyouraveragesi has some CTR cams for me, from what I understand. :) I was going to swap on a B20 block but between labor and new pistons to bump up the c/r, it was around $2500. I figured fuck it, I'm just going to build the B16.

Long story short - bought a 99 SI with a fucked up motor. :angry:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 14 2004, 01:08 PM

Long story short - bought a 99 SI with a fucked up motor. :angry:
[post=402647]Quoted post[/post]​

Ouch, did you get it for fakin cheap or what, i doubt you coulda missed that on a test drive

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 14 2004, 02:08 PM
Jon (integraslut78) is actually going to sell me the CTR pistons from hybrid89, and notyouraveragesi has some CTR cams for me, from what I understand.   :)  I was going to swap on a B20 block but between labor and new pistons to bump up the c/r, it was around $2500.  I figured fuck it, I'm just going to build the B16.

Long story short - bought a 99 SI with a fucked up motor.  :angry:

You understand correctly. When you coming down or will I be shipping them up to you?

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+Oct 14 2004, 11:27 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Oct 14 2004, 01:08 PM

Long story short - bought a 99 SI with a fucked up motor.  :angry:

Ouch, did you get it for fakin cheap or what, i doubt you coulda missed that on a test drive
[post=402812]Quoted post[/post]​

I got it for 9k. I only test drove it for like a mile and I only took it up to 6k rpms, during the day, in traffic. I didn't notice any smoke and it felt fine on power. I bought it off a girl who was the original owner. :shrug2: What can I say, it's beyond me...

Mike - I get paid on thursday, hopefully I can come down and pick them up, if not it's UPS time. :)

Sounds good, just let me know when you're coming down if you do. Is Jonathan up there right now?

Yep. He's going to the Faider game today. (Fucking Raiders, grumble, grumble)

Ask him about Stephanie when you see him. :) Just keep fishing... :p

Me and two of my boys picked up a 91 hatch. WEre gonna build race hatch :p .

SCCA here we come. pictures will be put in a thread of its own some time tomarrow.

PS the cars in east la and we almost got in a fight. Can you say SA's :D

Fuckin stupid gangsters. When we go back tomarrow to pick it up im going strapped.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Oct 18 2004, 10:18 PM
Did you make it back from LA Jeff or did those vatos get to you?
[post=404468]Quoted post[/post]​

well we did almost get got but, i have a new story, that will blow your fuckin minds. But i could never convay in spoen words how bad it was so im not even gonna try and type it.

And im sorry about the pics guys im exhausted. soon though like maybe tomarrow for sure :p

Heres a lil teaser
gallery_28521_155_1098167346.jpg

your suposed to say it then scratch jonathans head. :D

Oh and we got the car for $400 bucks and then it was just shy of $200 bucks to get it towed over from east LA to San berdoo.

Originally posted by UDT@Oct 19 2004, 02:16 PM
your suposed to say it then scratch jonathans head. :D

Oh and we got the car for $400 bucks and then it was just shy of $200 bucks to get it towed over from east LA to San berdoo.
[post=404835]Quoted post[/post]​

I hate you guys.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 17 2004, 11:12 AM
Yep. He's going to the Faider game today. (Fucking Raiders, grumble, grumble)

Ask him about Stephanie when you see him. :) Just keep fishing... :p
[post=403691]Quoted post[/post]​

Did I mention that I hate you guys.

Originally posted by UDT@Oct 20 2004, 06:34 PM
Did I mention that I hate you guys.

Awwwwwwwww go run another 16 monkey spanker :D
[post=405367]Quoted post[/post]​

You are the first person I am looking for next race day at Fontucky Jeff.
Like I said before if I do not get much of an improvement from last season
250 shot of NOS it will blow the welds right off.

Back