Are we ever "TOO OLD" ?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ya I totally agree with going to car shows/meets with cars of higher standards. If I pull into a local spot and see a bunch of mustangs with HID conversions who think theyre fast,or a bunch of rusted out hondas with bolt on d16's, I'm quick to just head back home.

I must say tho, finding ppl with cars that are "worthy" is tough. These kind of ppl usually hang with a small group and only go out when there is a reason to ;)

The last good parking lot meet was when a nicely done Ford GT with Heffner turbo system was supposed to run a TT-viper for some top $. Needless to say, the race never went down but I met some cool ppl and drooled over the GT owners GT AND his Porche 911 turbo ! sh*t was siick

thnx for keepin this thread alive

Ya I totally agree with going to car shows/meets with cars of higher standards. If I pull into a local spot and see a bunch of mustangs with HID conversions who think theyre fast,or a bunch of rusted out hondas with bolt on d16's, I'm quick to just head back home.

I must say tho, finding ppl with cars that are "worthy" is tough. These kind of ppl usually hang with a small group and only go out when there is a reason to ;)

The last good parking lot meet was when a nicely done Ford GT with Heffner turbo system was supposed to run a TT-viper for some top $. Needless to say, the race never went down but I met some cool ppl and drooled over the GT owners GT AND his Porche 911 turbo ! sh*t was siick

thnx for keepin this thread alive
Our last memorable parking lot meet was similar. Lots of nice cars, but nothing super special or sub low 12s. Brand new Viper pulls in looking for a race for pinks(his words, not mine). We called up a friend with a Supra that would walk it. Race never happened though. I can't remember if he was busy that night or had sold the car(He either sold it before or shortly after).

i like to meet up with people at the track, the majority of the honda crowd out there is older and have some money in their toys.

the ricers only talk about drag racing, they dont actually go drag racing. at most they might sit in the stands and dream about what their 16 second civic would do with some NOS lol

haha hey, I might be running NOS soon! haha

but ya I agree with meets at the track. not only do you see some nicely done up hondas (saw a SIICK mid-engine turbo prelude my last time out!) but the guys who own the cars are usually friendly and happy to share their setups and times. I've met some cool shop owner/workers there also, Charlie of TOP SET-UP and a few guys who work over at KING MOTORSPORTS.....

Back