Automatic B-series swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko

Curious if anyone has attempted an automatic B-series swap into a 92 - 95 civic (5th gen). Yes, I know Sport Compact Car did one in a crx. If someone has, can you please share your info.

it's going to be just like any other swap except you are using an automatic tranny, and auto ecu. Both of which blow...

Milan

I did one. Don't look for much help on this board, there's only a few people I've talked to in the country that have done this swap. Plus everybody is too quick to throw their criticism in your post to realize that built auto swaps are the best way to go for consistent ETs in bracket racing.

I did it for my brother because everything was dirt cheap and he didn't have another grand to drop on a 5spd conversion. Try to get a full SiR2 auto swap with ecu and axles and SiR2 JDM auto tranny. I used an Integra auto tranny and had to wire in a TCM with 36 wires and a custom harness. Not fun, but I guarantee it's one of a kind.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=12005&hl=

if your doing bracket racing dont even fuckin bother with a swap ..... all bracket racing is is consistancy

it doesnt matter if you run a 22.437 as long as you can do it every time you run youll keep winning

whoopdee.jpg

Originally posted by nuc79@Sep 3 2003, 10:23 PM
Don't look for much help on this board... Plus everybody is too quick to throw their criticism in your post...

hahaha, that picture had to make me laugh. Plus it only further emphasized the point I quoted above. You have posted twice to this thread, and neither one had a damn thing to do with the poor guy's original question...

[sarcasm]What a fine example you set as a moderator, with all your funny comics and childish antics... I aspire to be like you.[/sarcasm]

Gee, I wish I had 4000+ posts, then I could throw my 2 cents into every thread by saying :werd: or inserting a snide remark.... or is that how you got your 4000+ post count?

for Niko, if you need any help or questions answered, feel free to email me. Don't post or IM, as I don't visit this board often and probably won't reply. Good luck. And if you have any more questions, you might want to post them on www.honda-tech.com as well. They share a lot of the same members and it's a more active board. Plus they have policies about childish behavior and deduct percentage points from your user profile accordingly. That's why there are members over there with 3000+ posts that are morons and have a 94% rating.

Originally posted by nuc79+Sep 4 2003, 01:50 PM-->
@Sep 3 2003, 10:23 PM
Don't look for much help on this board...        Plus everybody is too quick to throw their criticism in your post...

hahaha, that picture had to make me laugh. Plus it only further emphasized the point I quoted above. You have posted twice to this thread, and neither one had a damn thing to do with the poor guy's original question...

[sarcasm]What a fine example you set as a moderator, with all your funny comics and childish antics... I aspire to be like you.[/sarcasm]

Gee, I wish I had 4000+ posts, then I could throw my 2 cents into every thread by saying :werd: or inserting a snide remark.... or is that how you got your 4000+ post count?

for Niko, if you need any help or questions answered, feel free to email me. Don't post or IM, as I don't visit this board often and probably won't reply. Good luck. And if you have any more questions, you might want to post them on www.honda-tech.com as well. They share a lot of the same members and it's a more active board. Plus they have policies about childish behavior and deduct percentage points from your user profile accordingly. That's why there are members over there with 3000+ posts that are morons and have a 94% rating.

Well, I feel I need to interject my $.02 in here since Nuk79 has already labeled this a useless board. Dude,

1. It's an internet message board, and people use it, people have opinions, so get over yourself,

2. that motor isn't all that great, if he wants a auto swap, and you want to help him out for real, why didn't you suggest he get a auto GSR?

3. Bracket racing? are you fucking joking? yea ok, I'm sure that's the first thing that crossed his mind, if not, I'm sure that's all he's been thinking about since you said it, what a usless fucking excuse to shortchange yourself.

4. www.honda-tech.com? come on, like that site is any better. I guess if you like having your question bump off the page in about three minutes, and never seen again, it's great, or if you want the same kind of opinions about the swap. I've posted there a few times, a couple times I actually got answers, but mostly a bunch of "well, I'm not sures". Hell I can guess.

nuc79, your a retard

an automatic swap is quite possibly the biggest waste of money ever
"oh but its great for bracket racing" ..... who cares, bracket racing is a joke.... its not even "racing", its a test of consistancy
and once again if you plan to do bracket racing, dont bother with a swap
how fast you make it down the 1/4 mile doesnt matter at all, as long as its the same time every time

im sure the last thing Niko wants to do is spend $2k + to be slow and get spanked by someone in a DX

it would be a FAR better idea to learn to drive 5spd then either sell the automatic and buy an automatic, or do a manual conversion
he would have a LOT more options for real performance with a 5 speed
we are trying to save him from wasting a lot of time and money with a shitty setup

theres a reason no one swaps automatics.... they suck

Nuk79, I answerd his question like i stated above you need to make shit simple a complete automatic swap over for his ride. If you like honda-tech so much stop posting here and take your fuckass over there. This site is primarly decided to making cars go and not putting on parts that just cost money and don't do shit.

You know what I will post my odd nunmber of pics to respond to morons like yourself, so please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

Milan

Brian C.,

Please deactivate my user ID. You've built a great site with a wealth of information. I especially like the reference, swap guide, gallery, and articles sections that aren't available on the other forum-only sites(e.g., honda-acura.net, honda-tech.com) They could learn a lot from your format. You are truly an asset to the Honda community. I've even made a few friends through your site.

That said, even though I've learned a lot here in the last year, I would never result to name-calling. I just posted what I though was a thorough, truthful response to the new guy's question and encountered a barrage of insults. On a grown-up board, the moderators stop flame wars, not participate in them. And they don't resort to name-calling, regardless of differing opinion.

And FYI, the board only has about 200-300 members with more than 100 posts(pretty small number actually). It now has 1 less. I've noticed a lot of people sign up, post a few times and leave. I'm sure the warm welcome from a few of the the mightier-than-thou moderators(not naming names) has nothing to do with this. The forums Hondaswap.com are essentially a chat room for the dozen or so moderators with four-digit post counts that account for 25% of the forum replies, rather than an enthusiast forum.

Lastly, just to set record straight, I'm not a retard. This is directed toward E_SolSi and Milan: I probably have a higher IQ, a higher salary, more education, and a more important job than you will ever have. Sorry if my opinions don't coincide with yours, but that's why I love America. Good luck in all your future endeavors and insults.

Very Respectfully,

Lieutenant L. W. Winkelmann, USN(act.)

At least he wasn't bitter about it...
Dude, it's the internet. Who cares? If everybody left that got called a fuckass, this board would have like 2 members.

well im not about to get involved in the lil argument a few of the regulars decided to get into... but i am going to say i know of one automatic turbo GSR civic hatchback and he is consistantly running mid 11's

i wouldnt call bracket racing bullshit, cause it's good for practice and learning your car rather than acting like a fool on the street revving and racing everyone in site...

props for trying to be different, go for the auto conversion if thats what you really wanna do, dont let anyone talk you out of something YOU wanna do...

i believe it was the DIMENSIONAL civic h/b... try searching the net for dimensional drag car and it may come up... but once again i could be wrong

Originally posted by nuc79@Sep 4 2003, 12:20 PM
Brian C.,

Please deactivate my user ID. You've built a great site with a wealth of information. I especially like the reference, swap guide, gallery, and articles sections that aren't available on the other forum-only sites(e.g., honda-acura.net, honda-tech.com) They could learn a lot from your format. You are truly an asset to the Honda community. I've even made a few friends through your site.

That said, even though I've learned a lot here in the last year, I would never result to name-calling. I just posted what I though was a thorough, truthful response to the new guy's question and encountered a barrage of insults. On a grown-up board, the moderators stop flame wars, not participate in them. And they don't resort to name-calling, regardless of differing opinion.

And FYI, the board only has about 200-300 members with more than 100 posts(pretty small number actually). It now has 1 less. I've noticed a lot of people sign up, post a few times and leave. I'm sure the warm welcome from a few of the the mightier-than-thou moderators(not naming names) has nothing to do with this. The forums Hondaswap.com are essentially a chat room for the dozen or so moderators with four-digit post counts that account for 25% of the forum replies, rather than an enthusiast forum.

Lastly, just to set record straight, I'm not a retard. This is directed toward E_SolSi and Milan: I probably have a higher IQ, a higher salary, more education, and a more important job than you will ever have. Sorry if my opinions don't coincide with yours, but that's why I love America. Good luck in all your future endeavors and insults.

Very Respectfully,

You incredible moron. Why does this need to be posted. I think the only childish one here is the one quoted here.

This site is about preformance, the only kind of "performance" that an automatic tranny on a Honda is good for is bracket racing (as you mentioned). Sorry, but most of us here like to engage our brains when we race.

Originally posted by nuc79@Sep 4 2003, 01:20 PM
Brian C.,

Very Respectfully,

and people wonder why i bitch moan and complain about the fucking n00bs that just started getting into fixing up their imports.....

And to the guy who im quoting...

Esolsi and Milan are not assholes. IM a fucking asshole. they just had their own opinions and thats that. hondaswap.com is kinda like a commune in which most of the regs. get each other's backs when new people come in here talking shit 100 miles an hour. sit, watch look, learn and listen. each message board is different, and the fact that we are the way we are makes hondaswap.com so special. (like the olympics :lol: )

is the GSR, SIR2 and LS automatic a direct swap for an automatic civic?? can i use the wiring harness and ecu?? will it be emissions legal?? please don't respond with change it to a 5speed, cause its not an option....

im actually interested to see the responses too.. because im thinking about doing an LS auto into a 93 4door civic.. its for my gf and i dont want to teach her how to drive a manual anymore.. shes killing my car.. and she complains how shit slow her civic is.. besides, all she wants is an extra huff up the hills thats all.. :-D

hahahah, you are way to passive for a military lieutenant.

Well lets just see.... My IQ was tested 2 years ago and that was a 133 which I doubt you come close to and yes it was from a certified person.

Well as far as education I just graduate from a University with a BBA degree in Management and Marketing "duel major" with a 3.3 (isn't awesome but good). I am currently a graduate student at the same University that I graduated from and pursuing my MBA. I am not sure how much education you exactly have but considering you went military you must have been a communications major,,good luck with that Mr. E-2.

Well, not sure how much you make but I do have a close friend of mine that is a true Army Ranger, and he always tells me how well paid he is, all 20k of it. I am sure he has plenty of room for advancement and he might even have the opportunity to become a senior partner someday.

But, like I stated above I answered his question and if he does want to go auto then that is fine, it's a handicap people. You want to do it then fine, do it by all means. But we answer these questions sometimes harsh becuase a lot of "new" people that just started their hobbies in working on cars recently. So initially they don't want to make the jump from auto to 5spd, but in the longer chances are these peeps are going to say, man I should have got 5 spd....Derrr....

I used to post a lot on clubsi back in the day and I did register on ht but just never started posting or reading on their site, and to be honest who gives a shit. There is bullshit everywhere to be posted on every forum. I know what the fuck I am doing because I have built motors up, swapped them, worked them, etc... and I have over 5 years of experience in this industry.

But, anyways, thanks for turning in your account into brian. :sniff sniff: You will be missed, go make a huge impact on HT....

Be all that you can be on HT,

Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back