Azureus sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I just started using uTorrent and it works really well. Its a faster program than Azureus (not in downloading, just in opperation, startup etc.)

Does that use as much resources as Azureus?
Nope. Its non java based so it takes up WAY less ram.

Yea, i tried it and IMHO uTorrent>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azureus!! I just opened up the port it showed, worked fine.

Brian with azures you can setup to run through different ports other than the 66xx range with our port fordwarding

It was a total pain to configure the latest version for some reason. I dunno why.

Quoted post[/post]]
Brian with azures you can setup to run through different ports other than the 66xx range with our port fordwarding

you can set up ANY network application to run on just about ANY port between 0 and 9999.

but if you open up one port, and the tracker you're connecting to isn't open on that port, it doesn't do much good.

you need to configure azereus to listen on the port that your tracker listens to. AND open that port up on your firewall/router to FORWARD to azereus ONLY, so as to not be a security issue.

port forwarding has next to NOTHING to do with azereus in and of it self. its all about networking.

Quoted post[/post]]
It was a total pain to configure the latest version for some reason. I dunno why.

i agree. the last version was much easier to tweak. but, its still totally do-able.
they tired to make it easier for n00bs, but really only made it harder for people who know what they are doing. The typical american way.... support the n00bs :p

alright well i figured it all out finally and i got green smilies finally. i just thought i' d put up the info for what i did just in case someone had the same problem later on. well i changed my ip to a static IP for here at the house so i coulde forward the ports on the router for that IP. did all that and i still had yellow smilies so i went to the antivirus next. My laptop came with Trend Micro PC-cillin so i used the link on the Wiki page to make the exception in the firewall and BAM green smilies. wasn't too hard i just have never done it so it took some help. thanks for the suggestions though, guys

Back