B16 Route.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

i decided to finally ditch the ls route and went on towards the b16 idea. problem is i live in so. cal. i wanted a b16a3 as those are the same obd but theyre too damn hard to come buy. the sir II also came to mind but it being jdm negates the idea of it being a daily driver because i dont think jdm engines pass smog in cali. my final resort was the b16a2 but its obd2. will this engine pass smog in cali? i have an 94 si and i still want to have vtec. or should i just go back to the b18b1 so i can pass smog with my swap?

you CAN pass smog with a JDM engine ... you just need to make sure you have all the correct emissions equipment installed and working properly

the B16A2 is also fine .... again just make sure all of the emissions equipment is there

basicly as long as the engine is the same age or newer and all of the equipment is there you are all set

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 8 2003, 08:53 AM
you CAN pass smog with a JDM engine ... you just need to make sure you have all the correct emissions equipment installed and working properly

What equipment would that be?

Back