B16a Into A 98 Ex

civicsi00racer

Anyone know if there is a site w/ what I need and a what I need to do to put the motor in? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance. L8

MB

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
b16a what?
if you get the b16a2 from a 99-00 civic si, it bolts right in for the most part. se OUR swaop section. you are on THE sit for swap info- why would you come here asking for links to inferior sites? come on dude :p

hybridtech

I did a b16a2 swap in my 98 ex. I took one full day. use your wire harness and get a gsr ecu (obd2), need a del sol radiator with hoses, and everything else you need should come with the motor. I have no A/C or power steering, but I think for the A/C all you need is the A/C bracket off the del sol. I havn't tried it yet, cause I cant find one if anybody knows where I can get one tell me.

prawjEKt Cx

are you using a usdm 99-00 b16a2? or a Sir-II, either way i'd suggest that you don't go with a gsr ecu because of it's vtec engagement point and butterfly bullshit, just my .02 but i'd use a p2t 99-00 si ecu and get a obd2a->b plug harness.

civicsi00racer

The motor is from my old 00 Civic Si. Someone told me that I would need to buy adapters for all the wireing hookups. This will be my first import engine swap ive done. I have done domestic engine swaps before so I think I can do it. But I just wanted to check with the import masters before I did anything. Thanx again for all the help.

prawjEKt Cx

yeah dude that shit is gonna drop right in the onlything thing your gonna need is a obd2a-obd2b adapter, because even though they are both obd2 the plugs differ from 96-98 and 99-00

dragiiisi

Sorry to bring up old topics, but the topic what I am dealing with.. I am swapping in a b16a2 out of a 99 si into my 96 dx hatch. Would I use the dx harness or the si harness? I will be using the si ecu. Also, where would I find a adapter obd2a-obd2b connector?

Thanks in advance
korney