b16a or b18c head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekPhred

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum and was wondering about which head would be better to put on a ls/vtec. I'm buidling one right now, slowly but surely... But, which head would be better to put on? If anybody has a ls/vtec equipped with a gsr head or either a b16 head please give me some input. I can either go either way with the head, just wondering if the heads really make a difference. Once again, thanx again for your input. Peace out guys! ;)

I'm running a B20 with a B16 head. The power output between my engine and another identical setup but with a B18C1 head were the exact same- we both dyno'd at 185whp with the same bottom end, different heads. The B18C1 head will flow a little better than the B16 head when both have been heavily ported/polished. The B16A head flows just fine though, and is much easier to get. It's cheaper too! There are a lot more B16 heads out there than there are GSR heads.

Thanx for the reply Calesta, do you mind giving me a 1/4 time on your car? is your car an eg or ek? the car that i'm building the ls/vtec is an ek i recently purchased, thanx again for your input

Get the head you can afford. I am running a B16 head, but my old roommate runs a GSR head, both motors run well and pull pretty hard.

Originally posted by ekPhred@Nov 11 2002, 04:12 PM
Thanx for the reply Calesta, do you mind giving me a 1/4 time on your car? is your car an eg or ek? the car that i'm building the ls/vtec is an ek i recently purchased, thanx again for your input

I honestly don't have a decent 1/4 mile time... most of my runs are on the highway. Click on the link in my signature for info on my car. It's an EG, by the way.

there was a thread a while back on this.... the gsr flows minor points more in the midrange (probably due to the IAB on the IM) and then b16 had a few points at 7500+rpms.

so yeah, get what you want really...

cool, thanx alot, all of ya'lls input is greatly appreciated, i'll let you guys know when I get all of my stuff put together, thanx again! B)

Back