B16A SiR-I and SiR-II

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Cable vs hydraulic clutch also.

Yup.

B16A SiR I = non OBD, cable transmission
B16A SiR II = OBD I, hydraulic transmission

Same VTEC implementation for both.

obd 0 b16a1 160 hps because of 10:4:1 compression ratio
obd 1 b16a2 170 hps. 10:6:1 compression ratio

?? is it or is it just me ??

i think actually its b16a 158hp 10:2:1 b16a 2 168hp 10:4:1

Eh, a few horsepower here and there... you'll get more variation than that just from manufacturing differences from block to block, plus the fact that the engine is used/old.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 18 2002, 10:22 AM
Yup.

B16A SiR I = non OBD, cable transmission
B16A SiR II = OBD I, hydraulic transmission

Same VTEC implementation for both.

Check this out?

Cable Tranny.

Is this OBD-0 OR I?

Got this engine for my 91 DX hatch.

Will this engine work?

That is BS or they are ripping you off,the sirII came with a hydraulic clutch,not a cable.If they are sending you a siR then that is a good price for the complete swap,but if they screwed up the year and code that bad I wouldn't trust the rest.

Hey 92b16vx,

So you think that foos messed up?
You think its not SIR II does not come with Cable?

"You are bidding on a JDM 92-95 B16a II gen cable tranny. These swap include B16a II gen, 5 Speed Cable Transmission, Manifolds, All sensors, ECU (Computer), Clutch, Flywheel, Intermediate Shaft, Starter, Alternator, Partial Wiring Harness, axles, shift linkage etc. these is a complete swap, motors only got 45,000 km/h."

bsmeter.gif

that guy is wrong... not saying he is doing it to rip people off, he might just not know what the fuck he is talking about but the SiR II does not have a cable tranny

:werd: :withstupid: He may not be ripping people off,but I would still be cautious about buying from someone who doesn't know what kind of tranny they have.

hope you got my PM in time.. the auction is over....

only thing i can think of....

is that he bought an sir2 for his 4th gen..
converted it to obd0 with dizzy ecu injector trick
and then ran a cabel tranny

thoughts?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2002, 01:20 AM
hope you got my PM in time.. the auction is over....

only thing i can think of....

is that he bought an sir2 for his 4th gen..
converted it to obd0 with dizzy ecu injector trick
and then ran a cabel tranny

thoughts?

gonna call the guy up and see if he can refund my money.

TO MUCH FOR A Regular b16a....

Actually it isn't that bad a price for a b16a1.If he did convert a siRII to obd 0 then it may be a better deal as you would get a newer motor.But who knows.

i think he should have just bought the b16a1 and he wouldnt have had to worry about everything he did. that was just a waste of time if you ask me.

just spoke to THe GUY David He said Second 2nd Gen Comes with Both Cable And HyDRO!!

Originally posted by bossman032@Dec 23 2002, 12:54 PM
just spoke to THe GUY David He said Second 2nd Gen Comes with Both Cable And HyDRO!!

Give me his name and address and I'll fix 'em :angry: !! (j/k) but um,no it didn't.This isn't a educated guess.It is a established fact.1st gen came in the 89-93 teg Xsi/Rsi(JDM) and the 90-91 civic and crx siR and VTi.Cable clutch obd0.The b16siRII(JDM) and b16a2(EDM)came in the 92-95 civic siRII and the VTi.hydraulic clutch and obdI.

Originally posted by bossman032@Dec 23 2002, 12:54 PM

well, "THe GUY David" needs to pull his head out of his ass and buy a fucking clue.

hello guys

Thanks much for the feedback and info. I spoke to David Again he don't know enough about Honda engines and said the technical guys should be back on Thursday I knew you guys were right so he didn't know what he was talking about when I said SIRII is HYDRO only and I don't want hydro he said Call Back!

anyways I have a 4Gen DX If I put a Regular B16a with 160HP how many wires am I looking at to MODIFY just want to get an IDEA you know.

How about If I drop the Ebay engine (Hydro One) on a 92 or 95 VX how many wires.

People here in sacramento charge like 300 bucks for the wiring NO engine Check LIGHTS... A little to much for my blood.

please let me know what yo think.. since yo are experts...:) :angry: :rolleyes:

The b16a2 is a beautiful drop into a 92-95 vx,come to think of it most B's are.Go to "what should I swap" forum and scroll down to b16a int a VE/VXi this thread has the answer you need.

Back