B16a1 questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KornyCivic

I know i know, it's not a "recomended" swap...

But here is my question any way :) A friend of mine is planning on buying a b16a1 (SIR) swap to put in his 92 civic. he wants to use the cable tranny, but we're wondering what stock honda motor mounts can be found/scrounged ect to get this thing mounted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Ben

if your friends car is hydro and he is using the cable tranny then he will prob need the cable to hydro conversion. i got my conversion from JDMSHIT.COM. the instructions they gave me was hella shitty and had to figure it out on my own but i did. if u need help on that i got some picures of the conversion.

Originally posted by KornyCivic@Jan 18 2005, 02:30 PM
I know i know, it's not a "recomended" swap...

But here is my question any way :) A friend of mine is planning on buying a b16a1 (SIR) swap to put in his 92 civic. he wants to use the cable tranny, but we're wondering what stock honda motor mounts can be found/scrounged ect to get this thing mounted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Ben
[post=447516]Quoted post[/post]​

We have a nice picture in our reference section that will tell you what mounts to use. I don't know what mount you'll need for the cable transmission, but all the rest should work.

if your friend is using a cable tranny on a hydro car then you would prob need a cable tranny mount instead of a hydro..

i had to chage every thing on my b16a1 so it would work in my 95 ex coupe...

dizzy.(0bd1)
injectors,f/r,f/p/r.(obd1)
02.(obd1)
gsr front left mount.
and hasport cable to hydro conv. (kit) with first gen tranny...
rear cable tranny mount.

hope this helps... :D

Back