B18a/b Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pjecthatch

whats the difference between the ls b18a in the 90-93 models and the b in the 94-2000 models? also does vtec matter when you're going to run a turbo?

The b18a was in the 90-93 integras, it was obd-0, and it had a cable activated clutch
The b18b was in the 94-95 integras, it was obd-1, and it had a hydrolic activated clutch
The b18b that was produced from 96-2001 was obd-2 and had the hydrolic activated clutch

what kind of block work should be done to a b18b with turbo coming in future not sure how much boost. any suggestions? what kind of cr can be run if i want it to be a daily driver? but i also want it to be able to represent at the track. thanks for any info

pjecthatch Posted on Mar 1 2003, 02:01 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what kind of block work should be done to a b18b with turbo coming in future not sure how much boost. any suggestions? what kind of cr can be run if i want it to be a daily driver? but i also want it to be able to represent at the track. thanks for any info

depends, are you trying to represent against neons or vipers?

so what kind of block work am i looking at here? what kind of cr should i run?

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 28 2003, 04:42 AM
The b18a was in the 90-93 integras, it was obd-0, and it had a cable activated clutch
The b18b was in the 94-95 integras, it was obd-1, and it had a hydrolic activated clutch
The b18b that was produced from 96-2001 was obd-2 and had the hydrolic activated clutch

This is not entirely correct. The 90-91 B18A1 was OBD0 and uses a smaller clutch disc/flywheel than the other B series engines, it is also the least powerful of the 1.8l non VTEC engines.
The 92-93 B18A1 was OBD1 and uses the same clutch/flywheel as all other B series engines. It is more powerful than the 90-91 engine, but less than the 94+ B18B.

The transmissions that came on the B18A are all cable actuated clutches, the transmissions that came on the B18B are all hydraulically acutated.

Back