B18A into a 93 Hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aLLmOtOr

Just a Quick qestion. I want to swap a B18A into my 93 Civic Hatch, will it be a straight bolt on? What other parts might I need and how much do they go for? Would it be cheaper to go with a B18B swap? Thank for all that reply!

go for the b18b,even thought the b18a1 was available in 92-93 it still has a cable clutch(I believe)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 22 2002, 03:17 PM
go for the b18b,even thought the b18a1 was available in 92-93 it still has a cable clutch(I believe)

:withstupid:
the cost of converting everything to work would end up being more expensive than just getting the right engine (B18B) to begin with

why is a cable clutch a problem? if you are going from auto to 5 sp in your swap, wouldnt this be the easiest & cheaper way to go? seems like it would weigh less w/ no master/slave cyl & clutch fluid too. just in case i ever get a B18x, my auto is gonna be gone for sure!

i guess if your converting from auto to 5spd you could probly do what ever the fuck you want to do... allthough im not sure how well <92 parts will match up with a 92+ car... and you will still have OBD issues if the engine is older than 92

Originally posted by teal_dx@Dec 22 2002, 10:50 PM
why is a cable clutch a problem? if you are going from auto to 5 sp in your swap, wouldnt this be the easiest & cheaper way to go? seems like it would weigh less w/ no master/slave cyl & clutch fluid too. just in case i ever get a B18x, my auto is gonna be gone for sure!

You've got to mention stuff like say,having a automatic.It really helps when your looking for advice to say what your working with.In that case I wouldn't imagine there being a problem than as stated above the obd.Still if you get one from a 92-93 it is the same obd as your car so not an issue.

:angry: thats not the same guy who asked the original question... he just came in and :cockblocked: the other guys post

rant.gif
how many fuckin times do people need to be told "START YOUR OWN FUCKIN POST!!!!" its common fuckin curtesey... some one asks a question you have a different question... even if it has a little to do with the other persons question START YOUR OWN FUCKING POST!!!!
rant.gif

Back