B18C1 into a 93 si hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qwikcivic

Wondering if anyone could help. Im looking to put a 99 b18C1 (GSR) Into to my 93 si civic hatch. My car is OBD1 and the engine is OBD2 that I know. I have the 99 gsr ecu but dont want to use it I want to use my P28 ECU. I was told you could just drop the motor in gsr motor and plug the gsr engine harnes into the d16z6 engine harness. And the motro would run. But the other day I was looking at the plugs for the engine harness and they dont look like they fit into eachother. Im I supposed to use the engine harness of the d16z6 and put it onto the gsr or what. Im confused I need some help. Oh the reason I dont want to use the gsr ECU is because it is obd2 and of the sencondery runners. I bought the skunk2 intake manifold so i could run this motor with my Ecu. Please help. Thanks

the reason the plugs wont fit is because of the obd difference u can prob use the si harness on the gsr but youll have 2 get an obd 1 distributor

Most of the sensors have the same plugs, if you end up using the civic's harness. You will either need to use an OBDI distributor and injectors or resolder the OBDII ends on the plugs to them and also the distributor. Since you won't be having IAB's or a knock sensor, you shouldn't have much for problems, just the few ends that will need to be redone. If the integra harness is ok, you can just use that up to the strut towers.

Ok Im going to use the si harness. the grs harness is good nothing worng with it. And ill use the gsr harness of the distributor and injectors and soder it into the si harness. Is that what your basically telling me? Let me know. Thanks for the help.

Man that's too much work. I've done a 2000 GS-R into a 94 Civic. We used the 2000 GS-R harness (that plugged right in) and ran the proper sensors and a P28 ECU and wham it ran........don't go cutting wires or anything it'll be much more of a headache.

Originally posted by Qwikcivic@Nov 10 2002, 01:08 AM
Ok Im going to use the si harness. the grs harness is good nothing worng with it. And ill use the gsr harness of the distributor and injectors and soder it into the si harness. Is that what your basically telling me? Let me know. Thanks for the help.

That is what I had to do on my car because the Integra harness was hacked up. If the Integra harness is OK, use the Integra harness up to the plugs on the strut towers.

Back