B18c1 Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vietec

Okay i am wondering if you guys could help me on this. I am interested in swapping a GSR engine in my civic. Would it be cheaper if i swap the b18c1 and upgrade it so it ressemble the ITR engine. Another question... Is b18c1 good for turbo than the LS engine? thanks

FIRST, it would probably almost be the same......B18C in civic is a perfect hybrid....the B18C is a good choice for turbo applications, but is best running n/a.......LS is another good option for turbo application, when you
port and polish with good bottom end internals, it's a monster.....

So you want build a home-made ITR. I say you go for it. Just make sure you buy JDM everything.
I've seen a GSR with ITR cams, clutch, flywheel and i/h/e put 175hp down at the wheels.
DO IT.

Originally posted by vietec@Mar 20 2003, 05:43 AM
Okay i am wondering if you guys could help me on this. I am interested in swapping a GSR engine in my civic. Would it be cheaper if i swap the b18c1 and upgrade it so it ressemble the ITR engine. Another question... Is b18c1 good for turbo than the LS engine? thanks

if your willing to do a full rebuild then any B series is a good platform to run on... if just want want a GSR with type-r internals then go for it, it's possible it can make good power

the GSR is an excellent platform for turbo as well, as long as you do everything correct [no bullshitting with shitty parts]... do everything right the first time, most people on this board prefer LS/T over the GSR/T and they have their own valued opinions, but if your willing to spend the time and money to get the GSR/T to run right then you'll be on yoru way to a fast ass street car

the "homemade type R" is only a cost effective choice if you already have the GSR engine
if you plan to buy a GSR engine then modify it to type R specs you will spend more than you would if you just bought the ITR engine in the first place

this is no different from the LS/VTEC concept .... if you already have an LS engine then yes it is a good idea, but buying everything to put an LS/VTEC into a civic will cost more than just buying the GSR engine would
if you already have a GSR engine and you want to build it up then sure it makes sence to use ITR parts... but if you are buying the GSR engine then buying all the parts to do a "homemade type R" you will spend far more than you would if you just bought the ITR engine to start with

Back