Before....and after......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get your exahust opened up. go 2.5 all the way back hommie.. glowing header = bad news waiting to happen

i've always heard . . . " just bring it to a motorcycle shop" because they tune bikes in the same way . . .

sorry but thats all the help i can give . . . i was born into fuel injection :p

Well.....I guy I work with came over this morning after I got off work.....

His background is building MGB's, Austin Healey's, Jag's, Lotus's...etc....

And I talked to him the other night about these damn carbs...and the troubles I've had.....

Well.....

They are tuned and syncro-nized.......Buahahahahahahahahahaaaaa.a..a.a.a.aaaaa

Next is to fit an exhaust on it, and seal the gastank, and run some more wires and try to figuare out the ignition timing........

Then hold on to your damn seatbelts...and start getting me some junk tires......

Plus he left me a cool little tool to help adjust them, it not like the fancy Weber syncro tool, but better.....and he's going to find me one to keep.....

Thank you Wayne Schultz ;) you are my new hero. B)

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 13 2004, 09:45 AM
I'm on my way over

-> Steve

Well, in a little bit.

you are?.....

you never came.....I guess getting a job is more important than helping me fix a car..... :roll:

Congrats dude....hehe

aep.jpg

and more here My AE86 rebuild gallery

Yea make sure you get a carburetor unisyn gauge the biggest help in the world and very easy for you to lear once you do it a couple of times its a snap afetr that. I tune the carbs on my bug all the time bout every 2 months if you race it hard duel webers. But that looks sweet good to know someone is keeping carb.

Originally posted by Airjockie+Apr 13 2004, 05:32 PM-->
@Apr 13 2004, 09:45 AM
I'm on my way over

-> Steve

Well, in a little bit.

you are?.....

you never came.....I guess getting a job is more important than helping me fix a car..... :roll:

Congrats dude....hehe

Yeah, I quit that shit lickety split. See you tomorrow.

I have to get the Celica out of the driveway, and the brakes re-pressurized. I think I'll run it for autocross :)

-> Steve

Boom....blue smoke everywhere....

Hell, I took the engine from a junked car...I'm still surprized it made it to BeaveRun........and back.

it's just pissing oil everywhere...litterally.

I have the red top to throw in...but no pistons....

the redtop needs to be bored...due to corrosion on the cylinder walls...to many deap pits, so .040 over will take care of that...but the pistons will also need to be oversized...and then rings, and the bore job, honeing...and basically everything to rebuild it....right now...the money is so tight that if someone has an extra normal 4age laying around...I might buy it for $100 or so and drop it in to continue my destructive habits.

Then again...it might just be a simple head gasket....

Back