Best Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

k, i want to pick up a BRAND NEW car and i only want to spend 20 grand on it. I am planning on turning my 2nd gen teg into a full drag car, so i need a daily driver. I want a reliable, but quick car...i want to leave it unmodded...I know theres the mazdaspeed protege, SE-R, and the Civic SI...what do you guys think is the best car for under 20 g's?

you can find slightly used WRX's for under 20G's, my buddy just picked up a '02 with 30K miles on it for 16K.

wrx's suck. so not worth the money IMO.

20 grand, brand new-
neon SRT4

i'd rock one in a heart beat

ooooh, i really dont know about the neon...motor is bad ass, but the styling...not my taste...i want a pimp car you know? one to pick up the ladies...hehe.

ok, so you want a daily drive pimp car....
the fact that you want a NEW car ruins it. 99% of new cars SUCK if you ask me.

i'd rock an older 3.2TL all nigger'ed out with 20's and tints. that would get the ladies :)

i'd rock an older 3.2TL all nigger'ed out with 20's and tints. that would get the ladies

Those are tits, I would love a pimped up 3.2tl with the gold trim :lol: Now that is "rollin"

New cars are a waste of time and money in my opinion also, for 14K you can pick up a nice Prelude, spend 5K on a JR supercharger and some mods and still not be at 20K, now that is a bad ass daily drive :D

-Matt

Best NEW car under 20G's IMO is the Mini Cooper (about 15k) or the Cooper S (19,xxx stock, fully loaded is about 23-24000). Cooper is slow but handles great. The S is basicly the same car except that it is supercharged (16x hp, lots of trq at low RPM's) Also, for an economy car, you get tons of looks in it. The STOCK cooper beats mazdaspeed protege, SE-R, and the Civic SI in looks, funness (if thats a word) to drive, and affordability. The Cooper S is so much better then the new SI in every catigory, looks and handles a whole lot better then the SE-R, and same with the Mazda. I would go with a Miata over the protege.

What kind of car are you looking for, 2 door, 4 door, 2 seater, four seater? If you go the used route, you can find some kick ass cars for 20K.

pissedoffsol Posted on Apr 25 2003, 08:12 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 grand, brand new-
neon SRT4

Im with him on this one, i think u should go for the SRT4, its the best u can get for 20k (fastest) well the fastest new car... they are quick, and they look pre sweet... if ur not into them then u can really want a fast everyday driver NEW for under 20k, there are some ol cars u could get .... u could try a non-turbo Supra for the ladies even tho they arent fast, or maybe u can find a cheap turbo... i dunno, how bout an RX7, they run pre good and u can find them from 18-30k depending on mods, or u can just drive a slow car and pimp out the body (FOR LADIES) your wanting to much for 20k , i still think your best bet is with the SRT4, no miles, 20k, runs 14's stock, Looks pre good... if your lookin for speed dont go with the civic Si, u said unmodded, those things are alright unmodded but to get them fast u have to mod them... juss go with the SRT4 , thats what im stickin it at ....
dodge.srt4.f34.500.jpg

Mazda Speed Protege are sweet, but not for under 20k my friend jeff just bought one at a dealership and paid like 25k, its quick, he beat a F/I Civic there pretty sweet little cars.

If you want a reliable car do not buy a neon. I have never known of a neon that hasnt had major engine work done by 50k. I would go with a Chevy S10 ZR2. I got mine for under 20, but I had a hook up. If you have any family members that work, or retied from a car manufacturer then have them hook you up.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 25 2003, 05:12 PM

20 grand, brand new-
neon SRT4

you'd take a neon over a wrx??? wow! i totally disagree with you there, awd > fwd

I have never known of a neon that hasnt had major engine work done by 50k.

My father has a 2002 Neon with 18k miles on it and it needs a new short block(that is what dealers do when it's internal), all bearings are gone, the valves sound horrible, it's nasty, it sounds like a diesel truck. Worse yet the dealer keeps screwing him over, saying it is fine. He is trading it today, literally, he is out right now car shopping....Dodge is a bunch of assholes....

how bout an RX7, they run pre good and u can find them from 18-30k depending on mods

They melt, simple as that. Those motors need replaced every 30k miles, they are gorgeous cars and can be very fast but they are less reliable than a DSM. If you meet someone that has owned their RX7 for more than 3 years or 30K miles I can show you someone who's already replaced a motor. I know three people that have had them, the last generation, and all three have replaced the motor already once.....they melt, there is soooo much heat under that hood that they melt, it's a design flaw with a turbocharged rotary, melting :)

-Matt

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 25 2003, 08:12 PM

20 grand, brand new-
neon SRT4

are you nuckin futs?!?

Porche boxter motor V Mopar motar (w' rod launcher assecory)

AWD V FWD

anything V Dodge

it just doesn't seem that hard of a choice to me

:angry:

:wtf:

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Apr 26 2003, 10:09 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 25 2003, 08:12 PM

20 grand, brand new-
neon SRT4

are you nuckin futs?!?

Porche boxter motor V Mopar motar (w' rod launcher assecory)

AWD V FWD

anything V Dodge

it just doesn't seem that hard of a choice to me

:angry:

:wtf:

lol anything v dodge....

If you want a car that is fun to drive, AWD deffinatley owns, especially if you have dirt roads around....
Subies are sweet cars man, i've always loved them...price...eeeh....i'd still take one over a neon, plus if he finds one cheap he can throw a few mods on it. I know he said unmodded, but who can resist if you have some leftover money.

Pimp car for under 20 G's, if you find a good price on a used one, s2000

ok first you gotta let us know what kinda ladies you are trying to attract. . .

some ladies like the little mazda miatas
others need a man with a big ass SUV on nothin smaller than dubs

i'm my opinion the best daily driver and hoe picker upper would be a 95 BMW M3 . . . they can be found under 20 or even 15k and could be a fun future project car. . . :worthy: E36 M3

Back