Body Swapping Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiCrxSi

does anyone know if a intgera body parts will bolt up to a 88 crx. i want to change out my front end with an intgeras(hood and fenders). Im wanting to put the long head light style fornt end on it.

just kill yourself and save two innocent cars from a humiliating death

i got this pic from someone else that posted it here.
I think both you guys are just dicks so it doesnt matter. nothing looks bad about this so whats the problem. Or maybe you both think i should just follow your ideas cause you both have so many post....maybe that just means you spend a little to much time online. I guess it just matters how you're looking at it. just wanted some help not some dumb ass replys but oh well if you can't be a bad ass in real life why not do it online.
s3e7f3672415d4.jpg

some modification will have to be done, but i dont think it is too bad or to expensive to ge done! the more you post on here you will see a lot of ppl on here are very opnionated... Just blow it off... u should get some good replies soon! sorry
chris

Originally posted by SiCrxSi@Mar 24 2003, 12:04 PM
i got this pic from someone else that posted it here.
I think both you guys are just dicks so it doesnt matter. nothing looks bad about this so whats the problem. Or maybe you both think i should just follow your ideas cause you both have so many post....maybe that just means you spend a little to much time online. I guess it just matters how you're looking at it. just wanted some help not some dumb ass replys but oh well if you can't be a bad ass in real life why not do it online.
s3e7f3672415d4.jpg

gawwd i love that car.

no need for harsh words, anyways i had 2 friends who done this front end swap however it required them to use the whole front end of the tegs...headlights, fenders, bumper, hood and the radiator and core supports for the tegs front end.
if you got a 88-91 it makes it easier cause hood bolts right on.
you better have a welder and a recioperating(can't spell it) saw though cause you need to cut the integra and the crx fenders in half and weld the rear of the crx and the front of the tegs together so it can fit also you need to saw off the current core and raiator supports off the crxs and weld on the integras.
it should allow the headlights to mount easily as well as the front bumper.
do not forget to splice the headlight wires and mate the tegs so you can utilize the tegs headlights.
oh i hope you are good with sandpaper, grinder, bondo and fiberglass cause you gotta make the weld line in the middle look good.
i hope all this info is accurate but i do not know for sure i will find out and make any corrections if neccesary.
hope this helps. :)

If you can do the work mostly yourself it would be alright, sending it to a shop would get pricey though. Whatever people say, that rex is phat as hell. bottom line. It's your car, and as long as your not ricing it out, do what you want to it. Just make sure with those body mods come some sweet engine work :)

as or welding you need a mig or tig unit
take your time spot weld air spot air until you have a complete seam then grind flush you should need very little bondo
also dont use a saw use an air nibbler the leave an better edge

I think that looks tight. If I had a crx I would definately switch the headlights and tailights. ITR headlights with 97-01 Lude tails. hells yea.

Originally posted by SiCrxSi@Mar 24 2003, 12:04 PM
s3e7f3672415d4.jpg

that is the sweetest crx front end i have ever seen! thing is, it doesnt look that much diferent from the JDM front clip, which would be ALOT easier to do. if you did the JDM clip and used some clear corners and projectors, it would look almost exactly like that.

I have a friend who just did this to his Rex. He used the integra headlights, hood and bumper. The fenders have to be welded to together using Rex rears almost up to the corner light section and the integra front half. for mounts he made his own using box tubing so he could mount the Fluidyne Del Sol radiator, and intercooler. so he just mounted the bumper and headlights to the fabed radiator support. he also made his own front crossmember as well using box tubing.

I am thinking of doing the Teg front end on my 89 LX 4-door as well. It will make smog easier for me I think since the local smog shop would think it was a Teg because the LS sticker would be under the hood to match the motor and I am swapping in a Teg dash as well to go with the Teg suspension, brakes and harness.

Just do it if that is what you like.

BTW: The Rex in the picture just has the one piece headlights with a cut Rex carbon fiber hood and a I believe a Wings West front bumper. It still looks sweet.

Back