bottom of a b18a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18civic1013

i'm rebuilding a b18a1 and i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a good crankshaft, pistons, rings, and rods from i've been looking and have founda couple but i was wondering what other peoples know about. thanks

depends. are you building the bottom end, or just rebuilding it to spec? what's wrong with the crank you already have in the block? Did you spin a bearing or something? If I were you, and was just looking to rebuild, an LS block is cheap and eay to come by. Much cheaper than sourcing parts individually. Just look around on here and honda-tech, you can probably find a complete bottom end for a couple hundred bucks. I got 2 b16a bottom ends for free, so an LS shouldn't be that hard.

Yup, crankshafts are especially expensive. Buy another used block and raid it for parts, and go aftermarket for everything else you want to replace. You can always find clean used OEM pistons to put into your engine too.

Back