Bulkhead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shahzzy

noob
Front bulkhead (whole assembly top and bottom and light housings, everything)

Ok so about 2 years ago a lady backed up into this civic, and did some damage. I'm considering replacing the whole front bulkhead, since my car is as clean as can be, no rust at all, and only defects are the bumper, hood, and that whole front bulkhead assembly.

How hard would the replacement of the bulkhead be?
I see its around $220 for that (new)

Honda Automotive Parts

number 8 is the assembly im thinking of changing.

its the front metal (frame) so to speak. It holds the radiator and lights and crap. The hood also latches onto this. Its the metal piece going left, right if you are facing the car from the front. there is an upper and lower part. get it?

I also edited original post, go to the link. Part number 8

radiator support is what we call them lol, but yeah its worth getting and fixing its not bad at all

Yeah, I'd replace it too.

I've seen plenty of people replace more than that, and still they say it was worth it. Just make sure you use body seam sealant on everything after you weld it, that's a common mistake.

ok i dont have a welding tool, but if i bolt everything on, i can take it to a shop and get the parts spot welded on for not to much money right?
and also, im leaking coolant, not from the radiator, but from the rightside of the block, kind of by the belt, any ideas on what i should do??

i know i sound stupid for asking, but the head gasket is the gaske between the head and the bottom block right?
and the leak is on the right side, facing the car from the front.

yeah thats the gasket, and thats a bad place to have a leak i hope its just a gasket and not a crack

well, i hit a curb, (front side) going about 10- mabye 15, and the bottom thingy, radiator support went in about 7-8 inches, so i pulled that off, i pulled off the bottom and top and everything.
But at the scene of when I hit the curb, i back up and coolant was on the ground.
I was like shit, its leaking. I back up to a new spot and kept the car on, and no coolant was leaking, a very little bit was on the floor, but that was dripping from the coolant on the block from before, my temp was normal. Was it not leaking because perhaps there wasnt enough coolant, or to much was lost at impact?
and my obd1 scan came up with errors 3 and 6 and one of those is ECT Engine Coolant Temp sensor.

Any ideas =[

at this point about all you can do is fix it then put all the fluid back in it and start it up then check for leaks and over heating. and code 3 is the map sensor

then 6 is ECT sensor i think

so first thing i should do is change the head gasket??

Last edited:
Check the oil for any foaming or cloudiness also. The head gasket can take a bit to do and alot of procedure. read up before you attempt it obviously. Make sure its HG first.

i think i will check the water pump, any diagrams / pics as to where its located?
d15z1 motor from a 1994 civic vx hatchback kamt5 5 speed manual.

Back