clean wiring job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

I was about to get jump start on wiring my vtec but i had an idea to avoid running through the fire wall. The car is a 93 dx with an auto trans...i was wondering if i can tap into two wires that already are ran to the ecu that i might not be using with my manual gsr swap. For example, the interlock control unit which i won't need, but i still need one more wire. I figured i would just change the pin location on the ecu, cut it in the engine bay and reattach it where i choose. I think this would make my life easy in addition be a cleaner job. Thanks
I will not be running ac or power steering.

As long as the connections ae bening made from (Point A to Point B) you shold be fine. And im sure the wires a fairly the same but just make sure there similar to what would have been used for the Vtec solanoid

Right, i've considered all that my only problem is i can't think of another wire already positioned in the engine bay that i won't have use for....and if i can't find one then i mind as well skip this idea and just do what most people do and run them through the firewall. Just thought i had a bright idea.

I have a dx as well and I'm thinking maybe something for AC?I'm gonna look tomorrow,interesting idea though,thanks.

thats why 92's rock.. i dunno about auto or whatever.. but 92 chassis is prewired for vtec/o2.. vetty nice. makes for oem looking harnesses

just make sure you look at a diagram and make certain that the wire is straight from the ecu to the point you're using it from.. and you should be ok ;)

i thought about the ac but the only problem with the ac is the fact that it goes into the car from the drivers side....this wouldn't matter if the ac was located on the same side of the engine as the vtec solenoid....not too big of an obstacle but at that point...again i think i probably might be better off doing it the traditional way....but thanks...keep thinking

Back